some help again pleas

Chat about anything
wheelie merchant jim
On the Road

some help again pleas

Post by wheelie merchant jim »

while getting the frame ready for getting powder coating i removed the forks and noticed i think someone tried to steal this bike were u bolt the ignition barrel to the near side post is slightly bent and the ignition barrel bolt holes is cracked on the near side and half missing on the offside and the top yoke is rubbed to death with the ignition lock............ a front end crash wouldnt cause this as wen i took my hands off the handlebars it steers slightly to the left................the steering head bearing had no grease and were slightly rusty and the front wheel bearings were grinding.................i cant seem to find the ignition barrel on the oemparts.eu site ive tried the wiring loom but no dice and the handlebar controls any body find it or replaced it with the part no..................ta
if it aint broken...........take it apart to find out why!
Treffynnon
On the Road

Re: some help again pleas

Post by Treffynnon »

All bikes move to the left due to the road camber as far as I know. The part you are looking for might be under body because that is where the key blanks are, but I haven't checked.
RaptorJo
On the Road

Post by RaptorJo »

Whilst looking found this, may be of interest
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cagiva-Raptor-Ign ... 0599889000
wheelie merchant jim
On the Road

i know about the camber its for the rain to get off the road...........i mean it steers to the left........left left left its crazy will try cleaning regreasing the headstock bearings there like brand new now and just replaced the front wheel bearings so we will see cheers for the ebay ad jo51 havent any dosh left im super skint now
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

wheelie merchant jim wrote:55 years agoi know about the camber its for the rain to get off the road...........i mean it steers to the left........left left left its crazy will try cleaning regreasing the headstock bearings there like brand new now and just replaced the front wheel bearings so we will see cheers for the ebay ad jo51 havent any dosh left im super skint now
Well, as already said, all vehicles will pull to the left when left to their own devices, but maybe if yours has some damage to the headstock the forks could have been twisted during that mishap.

Hopefully when you rebuild it all it will be straight and true.
152/999
wheelie merchant jim
On the Road

god i hope not that wil just piss me right off having to put the bike on a jig and it aint cheap hopefully the new bearing and cleaned/reagreased headstock bearings will do the trik
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Have a very careful look at bearings especially the rings to see if there are any indentations coz these can cause the steering to prefer a certain position and corrosion wont help. use one of those cheap laser levels to check alignment front to back and vertically each wheel could give you a clue. :|
Bit of a Muppet
wheelie merchant jim
On the Road

lol me thinks ill just keep my hands on the handlebars from now on...........................................?
kev
On the Road

Post by kev »

are your wheals inline dont go by the chain adjuster marks they are seldom acurate use a couple of planks or something similar put one each side of rear wheel and see where the front wheel comes between the planks with the bars in the straight ahead position :revrev:
wheelie merchant jim
On the Road

was havin a look yesterday the forks are ok by eye