Known Bike?

Chat about anything
witstu
On the Road

Known Bike?

Post by witstu »

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikes ... GN-2139644
Anybody know of this bike i have posted a link for? Possibly a past member on here? What do you think price wise? Ive offered them subject to inspection £2800.Seemed a bit shocked at offer but said he would pass it by his boss.Cheers.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Re: Known Bike?

Post by dizzyblonde »

seems a bit steep to me :?

I bought my 2002 VRaptor for £2700 from a dealers with 8k on it, 18 months ago. A standard mint bike, apart from a bolt on hugger, bellypan, and R&G crash bungs. It was originally priced at £3000. I offered them 2500, but they nearly fell over, so I walked away to let them think about it......this is the important part of bartering with a dealer, always walk off after your offer, make em squirm, then come back and ask them again, watch them draw air through their teeth for their answer :lol:

Hopes this gives you an idea. I know mines older, but IMO I don't think age has any bearing with a raptor.
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
witstu
On the Road

Post by witstu »

Yes, i have told them i'm in no rush just waiting for the right bike to come along,it would only be laid up for winter anyway.So as you say i have left the offer with them.
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

I reckon that one is a bit overpriced even at your offer price. Its age and mileage (within reason) dont mean everything in buying a Raptor, I would be more swung by condition and how its been looked after. Still think there are some good secondhand bargain raptor`s around or are you more interested in buying from a dealer?
nil illigitimae carborundum
Demonbaker
On the Road

Post by Demonbaker »

If your still looking i have my Xtra Raptor still for sale. PM me if your interested.
If everything seems in controll your not going fast enough.
witstu
On the Road

Post by witstu »

U have a PM.
witstu
On the Road

Post by witstu »

are you more interested in buying from a dealer?
No, private is fine if bike is as should be.This dealer one had been £3999 a few weeks back which seemed very steep, still thought it was steep with winter sale tag so put an offer in at £2800.
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

I think all the Raps advertised in the comic are expensive, but i suppose the dealer backup has to be considered (if there is any). There are some real bargains right here at the mo.

BTW...Good plug for the Raptor Chapter on ebay from CGrigson :thumbsup: Nice one Chris.
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
Bfef
On the Road

Post by Bfef »

Mine is going really cheap as it needs a bit of minor work, details in Classified Ads or PM me!