My XRaptor has been stolen!!!

Chat about anything
Abarth
On the Road

My XRaptor has been stolen!!!

Post by Abarth »

Hi All
Been ages since I joined this forum, having picked up my beloved XRaptor from a member here. After many moons of getting her absolutely perfect, some thieving scumbag stole her in the middle of the night from my house on Monday. I am bereft. She is a 2005 and is fitted with a bellypan. All usual carbon bits, including seat hump all perfect. If anyone sees her or is offered parts, do drop me a line. Truly don't know who would steal one of these as it will be pretty hard to dispose of due to its extreme rarity. Irreplaceable for me and now I have the indignity of the insurance claim and derisory, irrelevant evaluation.
Lesson to all. Rare as these are, people will steal anything.
Thanks for reading.
Ant
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: My XRaptor has been stolen!!!

Post by shebee »

Bollox! very sorry to hear that! Where abouts was it taken from, any datatag or similar numbers?

Sent from my iPad using Technical magic
Twisted Tequila Sister
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Sorry to hear this, as Shebee has said, what number is it, what area are you from?
152/999
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Thats fekin shit mate!

give us as much details as you can and at least we can keep an eye and ear out.....................

dont s`pose the cops have been much help?
nil illigitimae carborundum
JimBo
On the Road

Post by JimBo »

Oh crap, that's terrible. Gutted for you.
Give some more details, you never know.
So many motorcycles, so little money!
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

That is truly shit :-(

They really will steal anything, including that which is tied down in a garage. They even resort to peeling the roof off. A friend has his KTM stolen twice!!
A very close friend watched his Versys stolen in front of him recently. He had no chance against five men with bars. Four, stick bars through wheels and hoist it into a van before the alarm has chance to go off. Fifth man is there for when people such as my frail friend appear at 4 in the morning.

I do hope you get her back. He actually did from the police and stopped a known gang from stealing more Bikes. Because your Raptor is so rare, I'd like to hope she comes back.
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Abarth
On the Road

Post by Abarth »

Thanks All. Stolen from Bexleyheath in SE London/Kent. Reg: HF05LJV. I'm away from home at the mo, but need to study what docs I have and whether she was data dotted (I'm rubbish at knowing what papers I have!).A really is a good example of one of these; not a single scuff or crack or mark. I'll have to see what number she was - in the 260's I think, but there are so few around in the UK it makes little difference. Police have been as much help as they can, but I guess they have more important things to worry about. That said they've kept me posted and offered to visit etc, couldn't ask much more really. Been a few days now so not looking good - better kept in one piece and stay missing than to come back in bits, hard as that is to say - that would be a killer. Have to say it's the bike I have been most attached to, and I have had loads from RSVs, Ducattis and Trumpets, right to a Buell 1125R, TRX and a string of fours - Gonna be hard to replace, if at all.
Will keep you posted.
Ant
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Sorry to hear, yes i have had a few of those bikes mentioned,says something for the Cagiva! Hope it turns up in relatively good nick.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Wow, gutted for you mate, hope the thieving scumbags get caught and you get her back safely.
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Sorry to hear that hope you get it back.
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
Demonbaker
On the Road

Post by Demonbaker »

Sorry to hear that. HF05 LJV was originally my xtra raptor.
If everything seems in controll your not going fast enough.
Abarth
On the Road

Post by Abarth »

Hey there, yes I heard that you owned the bike previously. It was in really solid shape when I bought it, but I spent an age getting it perfect. There has not been a peep or sign. I can only think that it's gone abroad. Real shame....
Princess Blondie
On the Road

Post by Princess Blondie »

The more I read through this posting, the sadder I am. :(
I will hope for the return of the beloved "part of you" and light candles.
Sincerely with best wishes
If Actions are Stronger than Words, Why are Pens Mightier than Swords?
redgpzrider
On the Road

Post by redgpzrider »

Sorry to be the prophet of doom but it's either in Eastern Europe or in some parts shop ... after what I've seen on the TV the other night regarding car theft syndicates. The Plod are so overwhelmed they wont be much help either. :angry:
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

It might not be......look what just happened to drag itself into a local Salvage yard.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171809051457? ... 26_rdc%3D1

I've emailed Abarth.
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge