Apart from your Raptor do you have any more toys in the garage?

Chat about anything
El Vikingo Tropical
On the Road

Apart from your Raptor do you have any more toys in the garage?

Post by El Vikingo Tropical »

Like boats, bicycles, cars or maby some udder fun or cool stuff?
Saludos desde Canarias
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: Apart from your Raptor do you have any more toys in the garage?

Post by shebee »

Well the canoes have gone but i have just added a msx125 (honda grom) to the garage... Completely bonkers little bike fitted with serious winter tyres and where the Raptor make me grin this makes me giggle.

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/rang ... lsrc=aw.ds

:lol:
Twisted Tequila Sister
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

garage? I wish!
stuff in the yard just bikes-other
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

El Vikingo Tropical
On the Road

Post by El Vikingo Tropical »

Wow a Ducati 900! What a beauty!

I just have one bike and that's the Raptor proyect but I have some cars.
Austin Countryman 1954
Saab Sonett II V4 1969
FunCup race car with a Audi S4 4.2L V8
Porsche 911 3.2L 1989 turbo look
Saludos desde Canarias
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

andybaggies wrote:55 years agoI've got my retirment project http://www.realclassic.co.uk/ducati04082700.html :happyhappy:
Snap..

Have also got an XT500 and an Ironhead engined chop.
152/999
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

I just have one bike and that's the Raptor proyect but I have some cars.
Austin Countryman 1954
Saab Sonett II V4 1969
FunCup race car with a Audi S4 4.2L V8
Porsche 911 3.2L 1989 turbo look
Wow, a real eclectic mix there and I reckon you’ve got all the bases covered.

A modern Audi V8… nice, a nearly modern Porsche flat 6… very nice, a 1960s Saab V4… very very nice and this looks to be a rare & interesting car. Wikipedia mentions it’s got a 1.5lL Ford V4 – half of one of their V8 perhaps?

And the Countryman is just, well… class. They don’t chrome cars like that anymore.

In addition to the bikes I also have an Audi A2 – 175K and still showing no signs of age.
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Snap..

A man of obvious taste & it seems we’ve trod the same path to the Rappy – perhaps it’s just a modern well put together Darmah.

I see you changed the wheels, gawd wasn’t the rear cush drive ‘kin awful. And also see you’ve ditched the air filters and have a different headlight mount. I’ve pretty much left mine untouched for too many years than I’d like to mention and the first thing I’ll need to do is get the old valve seats replaced to cope with modern fuel.

And for all you youngster out there these old bevel drive Dukes probably made the best noise you’ve ever heard a motorcycle make. And I say that whilst adjusting me cap and pointing out the SS motor with 40mm accelerator pump dellortos & straight through Contis with the end of me pipe. At idle, pushing hard in the mid-range or at full chat they sound just superb. I recall once biffing up the motorway with a couple of others and they reckoned they could hear me when I was behind them. Ah glory days…
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

andybaggies wrote:55 years ago
Snap..

A man of obvious taste & it seems we’ve trod the same path to the Rappy – perhaps it’s just a modern well put together Darmah.

I see you changed the wheels, gawd wasn’t the rear cush drive ‘kin awful. And also see you’ve ditched the air filters and have a different headlight mount. I’ve pretty much left mine untouched for too many years than I’d like to mention and the first thing I’ll need to do is get the old valve seats replaced to cope with modern fuel.

And for all you youngster out there these old bevel drive Dukes probably made the best noise you’ve ever heard a motorcycle make. And I say that whilst adjusting me cap and pointing out the SS motor with 40mm accelerator pump dellortos & straight through Contis with the end of me pipe. At idle, pushing hard in the mid-range or at full chat they sound just superb. I recall once biffing up the motorway with a couple of others and they reckoned they could hear me when I was behind them. Ah glory days…

Mine also has the 40mm DellOrto's with the pumps removed, Imola race cams, so is almost an SS with electric start.

I used to love the fact that it was even louder on overrun, and if being followed the blue flames were startling.
152/999
Deleted User 4100

Post by Deleted User 4100 »

The only other toy in the garage is a GSXR1000 K5, http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtop ... =20&t=4695

But I also have an ancient '96 Honda Prelude V-tec which I bought a couple of years ago as a winter driver with a view to using it as a trackday car at some point, because I didn't want to use my "then other car" but liked it so much I sold the other one and now just use this, its a genuine 61,000k with FSH, last owner was would you believe !!!

A little old lady who owned it for 13-14 years its a bit rough around the edges, where she bumped into things a bit, but it goes like stink and surprises many newer cars, its raw and noisy with pretty firm suspension, but I love it and will never sell it.
Lexio62
On the Road

Post by Lexio62 »

SV650 race bike, ER6 race bike and Ducati 748.
Anakist
On the Road

Post by Anakist »

2004 R53 MINI Cooper S. 2008 Buell 1125r. 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser, a boat, camper trailer (and heaps of tools to fix them up) and just bought a new colonial house that needs a massive amount of work.

James
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Yellow SV650S, and strictly speaking, although the Husbands bike, I have the keys to the ZZR14 :D
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Tikka
On the Road

Post by Tikka »

I have got a 1998 Scorpa 250 easy in the shed https://tikka.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/T ... /i-2PhQgJn
Just as rare as a cagiva, a real pain to find spare parts :(
Great tool for trial though.
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

Green sv650s and a PW50