Apart from your Raptor do you have any more toys in the garage?

Chat about anything
El Vikingo Tropical
On the Road

Re: Apart from your Raptor do you have any more toys in the garage?

Post by El Vikingo Tropical »

One question though, why is the Suzuki S on the tank back to front?[/quote]

One question though, why is the Suzuki S on the tank back to front?[/quote]

Well to be honest I was painting the bike outside in my garden at the evening with hurry as it was getting dark.:lightfart:
So now my wife will have a Zuzi.......
I won't paint it again!!!
Saludos desde Canarias
Tikka
On the Road

Post by Tikka »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

I guess I should come clean about the Other Bikes apart from the Raptor 1000!

They are, in no particular order:

Ducati ST4 916, Ducati ST3 994, Cagiva Gran Canyon 900, Cagiva Alazzurra 650, Cagiva Canyon 500, Yamaha TR1 980, Yamaha SRX600, Suzuki VX800, Suzuki GT550 and Honda NTV 650.

Mostly vee-twins, apart from the two singles and one 2-stroke triple, but definitely no fours because I just don't bond with them. It's a treat just to shuffle around in the packed garage and say hello to them all! :thumbsup:

Nick, UK
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Nice collection you have there a couple of which I've admired from afar but circumstances at the time wouldn't allow. In my youth always liked the idea of the Suzuki GT550 & damn fine shout on the SRX600 & anyone remeber Uncle Bunts TR1 chop?

http://sideburnmag.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... -bunt.html
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

andybaggies wrote:55 years agoNice collection you have there a couple of which I've admired from afar but circumstances at the time wouldn't allow. In my youth always liked the idea of the Suzuki GT550 & damn fine shout on the SRX600 & anyone remember Uncle Bunts TR1 chop?

http://sideburnmag.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... -bunt.html
Hi Andy,
Do you still have an interest in any of those bikes? I'm really looking forward to getting the GT550 back on the road next year after a major engine rebuild, but both Yamahas should probably be moved on to new owners, if only to give me working space.

The SRX600 is special, because it's the monoshock 3SX version made for the Jap market and never imported here, has an electric boot and far superior suspension though I keep it more as a work of art.

The TR1 is a handsome and lusty old beast that shares quite a few features with the Vincent, and is unfairly abused by moto-journalists and custom-bike builders alike. You could say it's a 1981 version of a Raptor 1K!

Nick
Sheepracer
On the Road

Post by Sheepracer »

Apart from the Raptor- I've got a 1983 cbx 550 honda cafe racer. been in my storage unit for a few years so will start on that when I finish my current project- a 1987 Yam FZ600. Bought as a shitter to do up over winter and racer with CRMC next year. Coming along. Nicely- few pics to follow. Also my little blue expert- Peugeot van I converted to a camper/race van and before you ask I'm not selling the number plate!

andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Hi Andy,
Do you still have an interest in any of those bikes?
Nick, unfortunately my interest is of the "if I won the lottery" variety when I'd have snapped a couple of them up and put them in my large centrally heated full equipped garage along with the othe dozen or so bikes.

Until then he old Duke retirement project will have to be the only other one.

Andy B
Sheepracer
On the Road

Post by Sheepracer »

Here's the fz600 awaiting a carb balance. The tank is half the the width of the raptor!!

[img][IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/b11kor/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-11/7ACA10B8-CB53-4660-ADB3-1FA7CDB4CF44.jpg[/img][/img]