Tiddlers?

Chat about anything
nickst4
On the Road

Tiddlers?

Post by nickst4 »

Can it be that the gorgeous Raptor 125 (nee Planet) isn't represented on this forum?? :shock:

I ask because a very nice Planet is heading my way shortly, to make friends with the other four Cagivas I enjoy. Personally I don't share much with the average 125 owner, being approx 50 years older than them, and I'd prefer to chat with people who just appreciate the excellent style and character of the bikes from Varese rather than priapic yoof! :ride:

Nick, Norfolk
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Re: Tiddlers?

Post by Crap Tartan »

No problem with 125 Raptor owners joining in here!

and yes, they are very nice looking bikes.....................

welcome in!
nil illigitimae carborundum
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

No problems with 125 Raptors, we bought 2 Honda Groms lst year and it was a welcome reminder of how much fun you can have on baby bikes when you pick your roads :revrev: :thumbsup:

Quick hint when you get back on the big one... the default throttle position is not necessarily Full Wide Open :happyhappy:
Twisted Tequila Sister
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

shebee wrote: 7 years ago Quick hint when you get back on the big one... the default throttle position is not necessarily Full Wide Open :happyhappy:
Thanks for the reminder! At least it won't embarrass me with an excess of power...

It's not that I didn't expect you-all to be kind about my latest bike: it's just that there's no sign that anyone else here has a Raptor less than 650cc! Who am I going to call with problems? :(

Nick
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

The Planet 125 arrived yesterday, and I'm in love all over again! :blush: Not for my youth but because it is the most delicious combination of styling and mechanicals. There's no doubt in my mind that Cagiva have always been in front in the style stakes.

Surprisingly, the Planet and the Raptor1000 seem to share quite a few components, not least, I suspect, in the headlamp housing and optics. That gives me more options to get the right unit for the Raptor because quite a few Planets get trashed and broken for spares...

At the moment, mine has no spark and I'm hoping it's just a bad connection somewhere. Otherwise, it's in superb condition and has obviously been looked after by its seven owners since 2002!

Pics soon,

Nick
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

shebee wrote: 7 years ago Quick hint when you get back on the big one... the default throttle position is not necessarily Full Wide Open :happyhappy:
Never a truer word spoken! I fixed the Planet with a s/h alternator stator and it runs very well, but swapping to riding the Raptor 1000 was dramatic to say the least. My throttle hand needed complete re-education! I guess that's what variety is all about. :D

Nick