Handle bars for x ratptor

Chat about anything
Dapper dan
On the Road

Handle bars for x ratptor

Post by Dapper dan »

Hi...Does anyone have a set of x raptor bars lurking???
Have seen a set on ebay..but they are in OZ and Dorthy still hadn't returned by ruby slippers...so I think it's a bit far?
Or anybody know of a really decent off the shelf copy?
You can always earn more money, you cant earn more time! :thumbsup:
Miz
On the Road

Re: Handle bars for x ratptor

Post by Miz »

Hi,

Have a look at these:-
http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtop ... hal#p30962

Could you update the location on your profile please.
152/999
Dapper dan
On the Road

Re: Handle bars for x raptor

Post by Dapper dan »

Hi Miz.

Thanks for the heads up. :D

I'm kinda assuming the standard bars arnt much cop really.
Might just go down the route of some renthals....I have put a bid on a pair of original x rap bars in Australia ...maybe I'm being a bit keen and purist.

Anyway , will update my profile etc...☺
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

AFAIK the xtra has the same ones as the V. There are these in Italy
272560556367 eBay item number.

I did buy some originals 'manabrio' from a Cagiva parts seller on eBay when I broke mine. Worth dropping him a line as he's very useful for odd weird bits too.

Here's an item of his, so you can find him on ebay.! Contact details in the description.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331904186218
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Dapper dan
On the Road

Post by Dapper dan »

Hi Dizzy blonde.

I looked at these on ebay and wondered if they would fit or not.......

I ended up buying a pair from a breakers who has an xtra raptor that was being broken 😢. I think I read somewhere that the bars on the xtra rap were slightly different...maybe this is bollocks...but chances of picking up an original set from an x rap are pretty rare I should imagine. I'm also thinking of the future value of the bike having it totally original....saying that I'll probably end up stuffing it into a cow on these beautiful Devon roads!😈
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Manubrio bars are OE afaik. I'm not sure how they can be different to the V, as it's the same sized fairings, headlights and forks etc. It's likely they're different to the naked ones though. The Manubrio ones for the V already have predrilled holes too.

My V was restored totally with original parts, hence why it took two years to rebuild....mainly because I couldn't find a none leaking radiator. I've had two tanks as well, but that was down to a paint flaw. I'm very keen on keeping mine as original as poss, apart from the cans.

I read somewhere, even though the Xtra was limited, the actual numbers of silver 1000 V's was also equally low in production number, rumour was it was much lower, but of course they weren't numbered, so not likely we will ever know, unless we ask Mr Cagiva. :toocool:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge