cagiva v raptor parts

Chat about anything
lingo
On the Road

cagiva v raptor parts

Post by lingo »

hello, I have just purchased a v raptor. It has been dry stored for 8 years. Can anyone tell me what kind of price i should ask for the complete front fairing, antlers, headlight, fairing bracket, indicators, basically everything to bolt straight on to another bike. Also there is a seat hump....cheers...
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: cagiva v raptor parts

Post by shebee »

Welcome in.. whereabouts in the universe are you?
Twisted Tequila Sister
lingo
On the Road

Post by lingo »

Sorry and hello.
I am from Manchester UK and looking to rebuild the raptor, the bike is in immaculate condition with being dry stored for years. I'm going to make some changes, not 100% sure what to do yet, hence the reason for asking about what prices for the parts...cheers
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

As long as you realise you will lose some of its value and desireability if you make it non-standard.

I have customised mine quite a lot but that was due to it being written off and the fairing parts were very hard to come by and pretty expensive.

Maybe customise but keep the original parts in case you come to sell it in the future?

I would say a good condition fairing, frame, headlight, indicator pods and all the bits to go with it will be worth around £500, seat hump around £150 probably...............
nil illigitimae carborundum
lingo
On the Road

Post by lingo »

Cheers thanks for the advise. I have just finished and sold a bobber, before that i streetfightered an aprilia falco. I went to town on the aprilia, spent more money on parts than the bike was worth, but it was a great looking thing. The bobber was a good looking bike when finished but i couldn`t get to grips with my legs forward when riding so when i sold it, the v raptor caught my eye. It`s a 2001 with 6000mls and dry stored for the last 8 years.......