raptor 1000 lowered seat help

Chat about anything
muggins

raptor 1000 lowered seat help

Post by muggins »

hi .new to this site. ive bourght a 1000 raptor which is great fun but in its past its had the seat lowered and recovered by d hunter ?.this makes it to low for me i recon it was modded for woman or a very short legged fella.the seat hights low anyway.does anyone have an unlowered seat they would sell me or swap for this one im riding it with a lilo [inflatable touring monstrosity] attached for now.or who could i trust to sort it out in a reasonable time and cost.thanks
Miz
On the Road

Re: raptor 1000 lowered seat help

Post by Miz »

I had gel pads fitted by:-

http://tonyarcher.co.uk

No idea if he is anywhere near you, but if you book, he will do the work while you wait/browse the local shops.
152/999
muggins

Post by muggins »

cheers for that .im near crewe so not to far .i do know of them i will ring and see if they can refoam and make a cover for my seat.the foam has been cut back to far for me.i could do it myself and buy a new cover.ive done it before but the bikes in really good condition and ya can never tell how well the seat will turn out .so i prefer to get it done properly in case i screw it up.only covers i can find are on ebay and £60 a pop.any help welcomed .cheers
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Wow; lowering a seat on a Raptor! That must have been for a tiny rider. I bet your legs are really bent! Jumping from bike to bike, the Raptor does feel rather low and compressed for 5'6" me, even with raised rear suspension links. Doesn't take long to feel good though and the weight distribution is spot-on! :nod:

Nick