Has my 650 rappi been lowered?

Chat about anything
Alex_rasa

Has my 650 rappi been lowered?

Post by Alex_rasa »

Hello everyone! I'm new here but very glad to be here! I've had my 01 Raptor 650 now for 2.5 years and i'm loving it more and more. The more i ride other bikes the more i realize how unique this bike is so i'm not planning on getting rid of it anytime soon! So this brings me to the issues at hand with it and i'm hoping you could lend me a virtual hand and share some info and knowledge with me. I'm 1.82m tall (just under 6foot) and i'm having issues with cramping up my legs on longer runs so def the bike is small for me as it is. And most of the time (longer journeys especially) i ride with my girlfriend on the pillion seat and the problem becomes even worse. The main problem is not ride height though but rather distance from seat to pegs because when i put a folded up blanket under my bums my ride is much, much better. So I'm struggling to understand if this is normal or the previous owner/owners had changed anything on it (it's def customized in some areas). Could someone measure out the distance from the peg to the lowest point on the seat for me so i can compare? Also when i'm with my pillion the rear suspension drops quite low, but i only bottomed out once so even though it seems normal it looks abnormally low and therefore i was wondering if the previous owner changed out the triangle and lowered the bike, could someone give me the stock dimensions for the triangles also?

Here's a picture of my raptor: https://photos.app.goo.gl/O1aDzMtuV8qF0wQq1
Pics with pillion and without standing still (not me on the bike): https://photos.app.goo.gl/rGCDWcpaEvx98n413
Older pic with me riding (look at leg angle, normal?): https://photos.app.goo.gl/GpMjkKLetXBVVw3D2

EDIT: Just realized i posted this to general chat not general technical :oops: why do these things always happen when you're new?
ozzraptor
On the Road

Re: Has my 650 rappi been lowered?

Post by ozzraptor »

I doubt it, probably just a combination of saggy rear shock and low standard ride height, after all it was made in Italy. I think it was designed for a certain market , those that are more vertically challenged :lol: New shock would be a good start or change the triangles. Ah i just read its not the ride height ,you can get aftermarket pegs that are adjustable and may give you a more comfortable position on the bike ? Oh and welcome .
Alex_rasa

Post by Alex_rasa »

Good to be here ozz! Thanks for the reply. Aftermarket pegs :shock: how? where? I mean, mine seem to not be compatible with anything adjustable. Also that will lower my lean angle i think. I know it is one of the smallest seat height bike out there but still... I will definitely remake my seat higher next month though.

How would i know the rear shock is done? Ride quality is perfect and i was actually surprised that the rear end didn't step out even when it should of had (turning on bumpy patch of road with pillion for example). As far as i can tell the suspension is doing its job perfectly. I'm spinning my rear tire once in a blue moon...

Ah, forgot to mention, the rear shock is adjustable (don't know if that's standard or not) and it seems to be almost maxed out.
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

I have no experience of the 650 Raptor, but can say that my 1000 is the lowest bike with the highest foot-pegs of any that I've ridden. Folding my legs into place comes as a surprise, and I'm only 5'6" tall! That's certainly how my bike was made. I've raised the ride height somewhat by making new shock links but not changed the pegs/seat relationship because my aged knees can still cope with the bend. On other bikes I've raised the seat to open the bend and allow some transfer of weight to my feet, so making bumpy roads more bearable, but the Raptor is too nice to mess it around. Modified seats always look a bit naff compared with the original, and the Raptor one is rather elegant!

Nick
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

They are very small bikes. I'm 5ft9" and find the bike too small.
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Post by Aussiejoe »

I'm `183 cm and the standard footpegs never bothered me that much, and I'd do up to 600 kilometres (370 miles) in a day. I ended up putting Rosmoto adjustable foot pegs on my 650 so I wasn't dragging footpegs around corners. They're higher up and further back but I don't do long trip on my Raptor now, most is about 4 hours riding in a day.
pedane_arretrate_rearsets_Cagiva_Raptor_biposto.JPG
pedane_arretrate_rearsets_Cagiva_Raptor_biposto.JPG (83.55 KiB) Viewed 3331 times
If you want to lower your footpegs easily, I think these would be the best option.
phpXWiIPj_13.jpg
phpXWiIPj_13.jpg (76.34 KiB) Viewed 3331 times
You can get them from here http://www.mfw-wolf.de/en/Vario-and-Rep ... eg-System6
These are the dimensions for the jack up and standard triangles
Raptertriangles.jpg
Raptertriangles.jpg (84.48 KiB) Viewed 3331 times
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Love that full system