Long time no see !.

Chat about anything
AZ
On the Road

Long time no see !.

Post by AZ »

It's been a while since I've visited , good to see it's still going though. I've still got the v raptor and still enjoying it. Off to Portugal next month on it again to visit my big bruv and my new house where I'm moving to after Xmas. Hoping to take the bike with me but depends on the cost of registration over there.
Going to take my time getting to Portugal this time, only riding in daylight and camping. Last time I did the 1300 mile trip with only a rest on the ferry for 4 hours and 2 hours on a petrol station forecourt near Salamanca, at least the concrete was still warm. Who said you can't tour on a raptor :pilot:
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
monkeyrocco
On the Road

Long time no see !.

Post by monkeyrocco »

Enjoy the trip sounds great. You certainly can tour on a Raptor way back in 2005 I got up one morning and on the spare of the moment bought a tent ( which turned out to be too small my feet came out of the end ) and set out that same day with no planning did France Spain Portugal Italy Austria Germany etc. When I got back I traded the raptor worst thing I ever did keep it if you can you will miss it
andybaggies
On the Road

Long time no see !.

Post by andybaggies »

Yo! yep touring & big miles is certainly possible on the raptor. The motor is so strong and provides for real easy speed.

The only possible downside is luggage carrying capacity.

If you going to move to somewhere on the coast beware of the salty air cus they do rot worse than an 1980s Austin Maestro.