TPS setting cheat!

General spannery stuff
Adam
On the Road

Post by Adam »

Just reset my TPS following the above guide. Much nicer at low throttle openings. Ta chaps 8)
Always be the person your dog thinks you are.
Confitures
On the Road

Post by Confitures »

stevepratt48 wrote:55 years agoBut shorting those pins doesn't give you a 'TPS' adjusting icon, does it? Is it another (Which?) pair??
:o
Yes is does work with that pair of pins, just needs to be warmed up to running temperature first or the TPS display does not cut in.

8)
moodyman
On the Road

Post by moodyman »

Just put mine in to dealer mode to check the TPS

Should it have 2 horizontal lines on the display as mine only shows the 1

-C00 ??

Is this right? Thought it should be 2 --C00

:?:

Can it be adjusted in situ or does the tank etc need to be removed?

Cheers :D
stevepratt48
On the Road

Post by stevepratt48 »

There are actually 3, low, 'correct' and high - you sometimes have to move the TPS quite a bit to see the others. You have to raise (Not remove) the tank, you don't have to take out connectors etc as you can get to the Torx (25) screws (Make sure you've got one....) through the stuff. Make sure the engine is warm, be patient, as the adjustment is delicate, but can be jerky! Go to the top bar 1st, bring down (Just) to middle bar at 1200RPM, check it goes to top bar @ 1400 (Use fast idle)
Good luck!
:D
Steve Pratt

Are you coming, or just naturally happy?
Slurf
On the Road

Post by Slurf »

stevepratt48 wrote:55 years agoThere are actually 3, low, 'correct' and high - you sometimes have to move the TPS quite a bit to see the others. You have to raise (Not remove) the tank, you don't have to take out connectors etc as you can get to the Torx (25) screws (Make sure you've got one....) through the stuff. Make sure the engine is warm, be patient, as the adjustment is delicate, but can be jerky! Go to the top bar 1st, bring down (Just) to middle bar at 1200RPM, check it goes to top bar @ 1400 (Use fast idle)
Good luck!
:D
there is a suzuki instruction video for this http://www.tlzone.net in the File vault named "tls sync", remember the engine and fuel Injection of the raptor and Navigator is the same.

Tip for navis replace the torx screws that holds the TPS. by allen(inbus) screws M5x16
you can now leave the left tank on the frame.
Got a navigator, sorry.. but I do need the long suspention travel.
craigus
On the Road

Post by craigus »

did mine today ,not to difficult doesnt need much movement tho, found that mine was on the bottom line so what does that mean. just need to get the throttle bodies balanced so might buy myself some vacuum gauges.
Pratz
On the Road

Re: TPS setting cheat!

Post by Pratz »

Tried to do that on my 650ie.... didn't work. It shows me nothing on LCD :( ! Did anyone already tried on a 650ie ?
Dante
On the Road

Post by Dante »

It's not possible on the 650ie.
For some reason cagiva has deactivated the temperature on the tacho,which is the one that also shows the lines for the tps setting.
for the 650 the only way is with a multimeter
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

Did this a couple of days ago after complaints that it was "running like a bag of crap" and have been told it's "so much better"

Hardest bit of this job was getting the tank back down as the bolt holes just didn't want to line up :angry:
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

dirtydog wrote:55 years ago Hardest bit of this job was getting the tank back down as the bolt holes just didn't want to line up :angry:
That'll be the bolts at the back of the tank being a little loose, so allowing the tank to move (bracket is slotted), whilst you have it lifted.

Loosen them some more, then tighten up once front bolts are in position.
152/999
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

And make sure the cable loom is in the dent under the tank, but yes its a bitch!

Sent from my iPad using Technical magic
Twisted Tequila Sister
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

Unfortunately the bolts at the back hadn't moved, I had to loosen them to slide the bracket back as far as it would go and it was still a struggle to get the bolts back in :rant:
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Make sure your motor is at running temp first and correct idle speed , sometimes it takes a few goes to get the tps right,also i used a fan in front of the radiator .
Giocast
On the Road

Post by Giocast »

dirtydog wrote:55 years agoUnfortunately the bolts at the back hadn't moved, I had to loosen them to slide the bracket back as far as it would go and it was still a struggle to get the bolts back in :rant:
Unfortunately I probably know what this is DD - A tell-tale sign that would confirm this would be water bubbles on the outside of the tank but hopefully yours isn't this bad yet. The plastic tanks that Ducati and Cagiva use are susceptible to water ingress ( happens in the states due to ethanol content but usually the reason in the UK is purely damp) which has the effect of swelling the tank this often results in it being hard to align fixings. The fact that you have gone to longest adjustment lengthwise almost certainly verifies this as well.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Here's some happy snaps to show the correct display in the middle posotion, and an incorrect display in the high position.
TPSMiddle.jpg
TPSMiddle.jpg (60.22 KiB) Viewed 5790 times
TPSHigh.jpg
TPSHigh.jpg (45.76 KiB) Viewed 5790 times
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.