Brake & Clutch Levers

General spannery stuff
JLittler
On the Road

Post by JLittler »

Hi Guys

Can you please confirm that I'm reading the thread correctly- the TL1000S brake lever is a straight swap, and the Guzzi Cali clutch lever is a straight swap and gets you span adjustment ?
X-Raptor #202. PCII, CF Bellypan,blinker pods and front guard, Staintunes and a Ti Clevis pin because saving 15grams REALLY IS worth an extra 20 quid :-)
JLittler
On the Road

Post by JLittler »

JLittler wrote:55 years agoHi Guys

Can you please confirm that I'm reading the thread correctly- the TL1000S brake lever is a straight swap, ...snip
Just for the record - the front brake lever I got was an aftermarket one marked "GSXR, YZF, Triumph" and fitted fine.

JL
X-Raptor #202. PCII, CF Bellypan,blinker pods and front guard, Staintunes and a Ti Clevis pin because saving 15grams REALLY IS worth an extra 20 quid :-)
Magnum
On the Road

Post by Magnum »

Well!
I bought The ASV C/5 Clutch lever and brake lever for DL /SV 650 (99-06) also fitting GXR and TL 1000S 97-01, for my 650 rap. They are just so neat, but as mentioned the brake lever fits right in, the clutch how ever needed a bolt that was 8 mm and a M6 screw in the end.
I had to drill the top hole to 8mm and get a new bolt. Found a Suzuki bolt that fitted nicely, a litle long but that is just to cut off.

The problem is that I assumed that the bracket and the clutchswitch was the same as SV 650 , but clearly it was not. There where a kit for SV 650 clutch switch that came with the lever and another for the GXR or what ever. I did not compare with the stock lever :roll: :roll: and after the fact I found it had a bit different shape and a slot in it, of course the switch snapped. :evil: My plan is now to use some epoxi or something to fill the slot and reshape it like the stock one, a little winter project :P , I already ordered the switch from OEM motorparts.
By the way The ASV are really nice, but expensive... They come in wery neat packaging and are really good looking!

Does some one know what make the clutch bracket is? Or is it a Cagiva oneoff?

Cheers!
Cruisers are best enjoyed on the water!
Magnum
On the Road

Post by Magnum »

Magnum wrote:55 years agoWell!

The problem is that I assumed that the bracket and the clutchswitch was the same as SV 650 , but clearly it was not. There where a kit for SV 650 clutch switch that came with the lever and another for the GXR or what ever. I did not compare with the stock lever :roll: :roll: and after the fact I found it had a bit different shape and a slot in it, of course the switch snapped. :evil:
Cheers!
And after the fact it started to run ruff @ around 3000 rpms. If I´d done my homework and read this forum more thuruly I´ve would have known this would happen :oops: . Now I temporarly conected a switch that I can flick when I need the starter :roll: . Still awaiting the parts from oem.

Cheers!
Cruisers are best enjoyed on the water!
Coose
On the Road

Post by Coose »

I've just fitted a set of Trak-Tech levers this morning. I bought them from M&P and the fitment is for a '99 GSXR600 (the same as a TL1000S - £34.99 each). The brake of course fitted straight on, but the clutch lever needed a slight modification, where I had to file a bit out on the edge that enters into the lever mount between the cable and the switch to follow a similar profile to the Cagiva lever. Then, as the Cagiva bolt is 6mm and the Suzuki is 8mm, I used a bit of aluminium tube 9mm long (6mm ID, 8mm OD - available for a couple of quid from B&Q) with an 8mm ID copper washer under the lever to space it and there we have it, job done! :)

I've not tried them yet as the weather is dreadful and I'm full of cold, and though the clutch lever is on the lowest setting it's just about right, but could be modfied with a bit of careful filing to the adjuster cam if required.

http://www.tlzone.net/forums/picture.ph ... tureid=944
http://www.tlzone.net/forums/picture.ph ... tureid=943

For some reason Ican't insert the images here, even if I use img & /img so you'll have to follow the links!
Red Mist
On the Road

Re: Brake & Clutch Levers

Post by Red Mist »

I dropped my bike and bent my front brake lever a few weeks ago. Finally decided that I'd better do something about it and ordered a new lever off Ebay. It cost £10 + postage and is span adjustable. Got it tonight and it went straight on. It isn't a perfect match for the clutch, but it's okay and it works fine. :thumbsup:
exposuredesigns
On the Road

Re:

Post by exposuredesigns »

wreckah wrote:55 years agohi guys,

(if the mods allow this here)
i can get aluminium levers and carbon look levers for the rappies!

http://www.q-racing.com/catalog/index.p ... _29_67_800

prices excl. shipping ;)

cheers, jan

Is there an updated link for someone selling levers for the Raptors..?
Mighty Mariner
On the Road

Re: Re:

Post by Mighty Mariner »

exposuredesigns wrote:55 years ago
wreckah wrote:55 years agohi guys,

(if the mods allow this here)
i can get aluminium levers and carbon look levers for the rappies!

http://www.q-racing.com/catalog/index.p ... _29_67_800

prices excl. shipping ;)

cheers, jan

Is there an updated link for someone selling levers for the Raptors..?
I got mine from WEmoto straight fit as per original

http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/Cagiva/V_Raptor_1000/00-04/
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing
Bfef
On the Road

Post by Bfef »

Great link thanks Mariner :thumbsup:
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Red Mist wrote:55 years agoI dropped my bike and bent my front brake lever a few weeks ago. Finally decided that I'd better do something about it and ordered a new lever off Ebay. It cost £10 + postage and is span adjustable. Got it tonight and it went straight on. It isn't a perfect match for the clutch, but it's okay and it works fine. :thumbsup:
Sorry, the point of that was that it was a TL1000 brake lever. I wasn't just trying to sound smug. 8)
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Red Mist wrote:55 years agoI dropped my bike and bent my front brake lever a few weeks ago. Finally decided that I'd better do something about it .......
flip me :doh: - I bent mine a couple of years back when we went over on the ice - she's still wearing the curly lever cos I keep forgetting to change it :blush:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
exposuredesigns
On the Road

Post by exposuredesigns »

Ahhh - those are standard replacement levers. I was looking for Pazzo type levers that are a direct fit. Anyone know of any?
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

snapdragon wrote:55 years ago
Red Mist wrote:55 years agoI dropped my bike and bent my front brake lever a few weeks ago. Finally decided that I'd better do something about it .......
flip me :doh: - I bent mine a couple of years back when we went over on the ice - she's still wearing the curly lever cos I keep forgetting to change it :blush:
I must admit that I didn't get straight around to changing mine as I thought that it would be a lot more expensive and hard to track down a Raptor lever. After reading this thread though, I decided to see if there were any Suzi levers available and came up trumps. As I say, it's not a match for the clutch, but there again, the clutch lever isn't curly either!

The old lever was bent badly and I couldn't get all four fingers on to it easily. My Rap needs a good squeeze to make it stop sharply, so it was necessary to get a new lever sorted really.
Foghorn
On the Road

Post by Foghorn »

Well I tried to put shorty Pazzo's on mine from GSX R600 00-03 Brake lever is bang on, but not the clutch. Am I reading this correctly, a Suzuki TL 1000s levers will fit? I not keen to switch out the bar clamp, the side indicators are gone, replaced with indicators on the mirrors.

Talk about digging up an old thread, there's few years in this one.
JLittler
On the Road

Post by JLittler »

Yes the TL1000 BRAKE lever which is apparently the same as the same era GSXR (early noughties) is a bolt on - as per my above post - I asked for an aftermarket TL brake lever and got one that was marked GSXR/YZFR/Triumph so it seems it's a pretty generic part.

The clutch lever if I recall correctly, was parts bin Guzzi (ie the Guzzi lever of the same era would be a direct swap) but I could be wrong, it was either Ducati or Guzzi but pretty sure it was the latter (because it surprised me that it wasn't Duc parts and hence why I remembered it). That will probably make it hard to get fancy levers though as they're about as likely to make a Guzzi go fast lever as a Cagiva one ;-(

JL
X Raptor #202 gathering dust ;-(