Brake & Clutch Levers

General spannery stuff
icozg13
On the Road

Re: Brake & Clutch Levers

Post by icozg13 »

You have two very good sets of levers (brake and clutch) made by ABM (synto model) and IRC (don't know what model but I found them on IGT.de shop). Check my attachments. Maybe I'm late with this info but better late then never.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

ABM don't make the Synto for the rap any more, and the IGT clutch doesn't look like it's adjustable :(

BUT I found a nice looking set for the 650s, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400511880325, does anybody know if the levers are interchageable?
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

YES, the levers are interchangeable, YES, the V-Trec ones fit a treat! See http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtop ... 70&p=28523 for pix!

If you don't see them on eBay you can check the bs-motoparts website: http://www.bs-motoparts.com/cagiva/rapt ... rrency=gbp.
taz
On the Road

Post by taz »

well my vtrec levers arrived yesterday, I just fitted them in 5 mins :nod:
they fit perfect and look ace so thanks for the heads up on these levers,
they may not be cheap but they are well made and a perfect fit, all i had to do was remove
old ones and put on new ones bingo all done ! excellent
"Trained Sniper,
There's No Point Running, You'll Just Die Tired
"
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Good stuff, got pix? I like to ogle!
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoGood stuff, got pix? I like to ogle!
Hey spyke , i figure if you have these levers thats good enough for me. Yes easy fit , 5 mins and instant 8) They feel better, i noticed my brake lever working properly now, not sure what was on it before .
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Om nom, nom! :thumbsup:
Beer and bling levers, just perfect for this stupid heat wave! :beer: :sun:

My mechanic didn't like my levers, had to get the OEM brake one out to bleed the front, but then again he doesn't have stupid little hands like me and was quite happy with the non-adjustable clutch, so tough!
NickH

Post by NickH »

Hi there.

Have recently picked up a VRap that has clearly been down the road. All works okay, but I'd like to replace levers as position is awful on brake. What are my options on a reasonable budget please?

Footbrake has been welded and is too high. Are these available anywhere other than OEM?

Cheers

Nick
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

NickH wrote:55 years agoHi there.

Have recently picked up a VRap that has clearly been down the road. All works okay, but I'd like to replace levers as position is awful on brake. What are my options on a reasonable budget please?

Footbrake has been welded and is too high. Are these available anywhere other than OEM?

Cheers

Nick
Welcome in NickH

I don't believe I've seen an appropriate substitute but someone else might
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Hey, I have two spare brake lever/pedals.

One repaired but works perfectly and the other is as new

PM me if any use to you

I probably have original brake/clutch hand levers too
nil illigitimae carborundum
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

If anyone has won the pools/lotto recently there may be some nice GSG/ABM available from http://www.whaccessories.com/Brake-Clut ... Morini.htm - they say 650 but that "should" fit the 1000s too. Not sure if they're actually available, I'm still happy with my V-Trecs.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoIf anyone has won the pools/lotto recently there may be some nice GSG/ABM available from http://www.whaccessories.com/Brake-Clut ... Morini.htm - they say 650 but that "should" fit the 1000s too. Not sure if they're actually available, I'm still happy with my V-Trecs.
yes the vtrecs are awesome for sure, i have had pazzos, fp racing,titan and these are right up there with the better quality levers . I have had pazzo levers fall apart :shock:
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years ago I have had pazzo levers fall apart :shock:
:o :rant:

Wow, that's no good, you'd think you'd get good kit for good money, but it's not always the case!

I think I read in the V-Trec paperwork that if you change bikes you can just get new "adapters" or something, the bits between the lever and the brake/clutch, that's a nice design feature too, not that I'm planning on changing any time soon, I can't see anything out there that would suit me better!
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

I had some pics somewhere on the pazzos, the litle ball bearings fell out around the adjuster but i am guessing that would be a very rare case, i would have no problems with buying another set if i was in the market but very satisfied with what i have :)
4nt
On the Road

Re: brake and clutch levers

Post by 4nt »

Billy996 wrote:55 years agowanted some pazzo race levers for my v raptor after breaking a couple of fingers at work. usual story at dealers,'sorry sir we don't stock anything for cagiva'. no problem i'll have a set for a tl1000s then. £135 later,big problem,brake lever goes straight on,clutch lever just about fits but is really sloppy. solution,buy a clutch handle bar clamp for a suzuki rv125 van van. allows you to keep your mirror and the clutch cut out switch.oh what joy,fully adjustable rolls royce quality levers and two fingered gear changes. almost worth breaking them in the first place.clamp is about 35 quid. does anybody know of a different clutch cable that will fit? i've just had to shell out £73 for one and it took 6 wks to arrive. also where can i get some nice rear sets and what can i hang my silencers off if i fit said rear sets? thanks.
Well, after reading this I went out and bought a Suzuki Van Van K8 (fuel injected model) clutch lever assembly. NO GO!

I had a set of aftermarket CNC machined adjustable levers for Suzuki SV left over from last bike, and as everyone else found the brake went straight on a treat.

I did a little chop job on the clutch lever to get it to fit into the VAN VAN assembly and then set about the electrical side for the 'clutch in start', once I'd got somewere close I went to put the cable through, basically the clutch cable sleeve doesn't sit into the threaded adjuster, so I tried using the Cagiva adjuster, different thread.

Whilst doing all this messing around I managed to tip the bike over and snap the brake lever, so, back to stock and really un happy!

Can anyone suggest some nice levers that don't break the bank maybe??
Attachments
Lever snap.jpg
Lever snap.jpg (154.85 KiB) Viewed 14884 times