FUEL CONSUMPTION?

General spannery stuff
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

i really don't want to know how much it consumes :lol:

i have done about 20 miles after the light went on full though, but that's not very relaxed ;)

how many liters are there in a tank by the way?
stevepratt48
On the Road

Post by stevepratt48 »

17 litres is what the book says, hate riding with 'Indicators flashing' in the corner of vision! :lol:
Steve Pratt

Are you coming, or just naturally happy?
Adam
On the Road

Post by Adam »

AZ wrote:55 years agoCheers peeps,seems like i may have to relax the throttle a bit if i want more economy,but i just can`t help wanting more of that drive that the big V gives.Keep leaving dark lines out of every roundabout and i`m getting good at steering on the back wheel once she`s gripped out of those roundabouts :P .
The CBR used to give nearly the same mpg wether thrashed or not, but the Raptor doesn`t :( .
So am i safe in assuming if ridden in a sensible manner once the light comes on that i should get another 30 miles ?.
No.
Why on earth would you want to ride sensibly :?: :lol:
Always be the person your dog thinks you are.
Adam
On the Road

Post by Adam »

AZ wrote:55 years agoI seem to be getting 85 miles to the light almost all the time ,but my bruv said he usually got 100 miles out of this bike so maybe it`s the way i`m riding her :roll: .
Think i`m going to have to strap a fuel can to the back and see what that tank returns in miles before she runs out as i wouldn`t trust more than 25 miles after the light comes on and that only gives me 110 max between fuel stops which is startin to piss me off :x .
If it turns out to be so crap then i think i may have to have an alloy tank made to give me the extra capacity and have a reserve tap built in for good measure as i plan on a european tour next year with my bruv and a few mates to celebrate our 40th birfdays.
Don't worry. They tour fine abroad with a std tank. You could always make Att your fuel bitch and strap a Jerry can to him :wink:

.........and then chase him around with a Zippo :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Always be the person your dog thinks you are.
pod
On the Road

650 fuel consumption

Post by pod »

I get 160-170 before the light comes on.
The 650 tank takes 19 litres (smaller air box same profile), reserve is 4 litres.
Most Ive gone is 225 miles (had 0.5 litres left).
The 650 wont wheelie ( more like I cant) but I do use the upper rev range a fair bit.
On a 700 mile run , no screen, speeds over 90 reduced the tank range to 135 miles to the light at worst.
Fitting a small screen gave me an extra 10 - 15 miles to the tankful.
45- 50 mpg .
Hypothetically, the same 700 mile run, a thou would need to stop 7 times for fuel, the 650 will do on 5.?
Stay calm.
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

160 to 170 on a 650 tankfull to the light :shock:
I CAN ONLY DREAM :roll:.
This thing is getting as expensive as my old Jag to run.
But equally as addictive 8) .
Also discovered that if you stand it on the back wheel high enough and for long enough that she burns oil in the rear pot,loads`a smoke from the zorst and the like .Been told that it wont do any damage as long as i dont do it for too long and give it a minute or so between those sort of wheelies to clear the oil from the bore.
Off to fit new sticky tyres and order my new chain and sprockets and give her a service now ,that should see her right for the rest of the summer ,bar the PETROL that is.
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

AZ wrote:55 years ago .........bar the PETROL that is.
and oil too I should think :wink: :shock:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

Oh yeah, better just go`n check that :oops:
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

Out all day yesterday without any wheelies(well one little one :lol: ),and kept it below the ton(apart from one quick 120mph blast) and got 122 miles before the light :D
COCLUSION,ride with friends as they tend to slow you down :lol: .
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

Hmmmmm. :?: Interesting :!:
I did a test on my v rap before TT which was to carry a 5 litre can on the rack and see exactly how far I could go on the specified 18 litre fuel capacity. :idea:
Well,suffice to say with some lets call it spirited riding I got 107 miles before it ran dry.
That works out astonishingly to 27 mpg :shock: .
I have had 55 mpg out of it before but that was gentle riding
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

My CBR had a 16 litre tank and i could get £14 to £15 of fuel in it ,but all i can get in the Raptor is a measly £12.50 to £13 which doesn`t really tally with an 18 litre capacity :?
Getting used to the fact that if i want to get good mpg then i`ll have to go easy on the throttle and keep it under the ton.I just wont slow down for the corners instead :twisted: .
blim
On the Road

Post by blim »

mine comes on between 85 - 90 miles. it doesn't seem to matter if it's been fast riding or round town. while m,way riding i've manged 105 before the light came on, so that must have been riding in a slow group:-)
carnivore
On the Road

Post by carnivore »

I concur with Blim, the raptor is definatly better on the motor-way when i went to france it was doing 110-120 miles before hitting the reserve light.
where's the bar?
Wintermute
On the Road

Post by Wintermute »

I could only get one TT lap done before light came on, light would be on before greeba castle on second lap...
Thats ragging the shit oot it through all the 50's n derestricted's.
Heres a thing, i got better mpg with Shlock on the back, still nailed everywhere...?
Keep it Real!
01 vrap, ducati yokes/forks/front wheel, clip-ons, aprillia disc's, link plates, hagon shock,TFI box, air box mod'd, tre, prp exhausts, modified monoposto 916 seat unit, new undertray and expansion tank.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

carnivore wrote:55 years agoI concur with Blim, the raptor is definatly better on the motor-way when i went to france it was doing 110-120 miles before hitting the reserve light.
nod nod - tending to use higher gears on t' Mways I find better miles per litre too
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>