tl1000s ecu on raptor will work with 1 wire mod :-)

General spannery stuff
TLMONKEY
On the Road

tl1000s ecu on raptor will work with 1 wire mod :-)

Post by TLMONKEY »

Right,
Finally figured out what needs to be done to get the tl1000s ecu to work on cagiva raptor.
Now as of yet i cant say if it will make any difference to the power as havent put it on dyno,but when i do i will update this thread.

Basically the tls ecu(a mate told me) has a 100 ohm resistor inside the ignition which is earthed through the ignition and it acts like a simpleAnti-Theft device(KNOW AS "AT" IN RAP/TLS MANUAL)
Now the raptor ecu still has the pin in the ecu for this wire,but isnt connected as they dont use it.
Now as i found out if you put a tls ecu on raptor and turn engine over you will get the "F1" light flashing and can get fault code C44 Which is for the "AT" fault which works by stopping the fuel pump/relay working.
So what you have to do is connect a wire into pin "40" on the big block connector(bottom row) on the raptor loom and fit an inline 100ohm resistor and connect it/splice in to any earth wire(BLUE COLOUR) and then it will work:-)
Hope that made sense
So lets wait and see what, happens on the dyno.
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

I wait with bated breath :)
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

So do I wait with bated breath.
I have considered the TLS ECU for mine as in standard trim the tl puts out 128rwhp whereas standard raptor puts out 112rwhp.
Be nice to see how it goes :idea:
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

RaptorMan wrote:55 years agoSo do I wait with bated breath.
I have considered the TLS ECU for mine as in standard trim the tl puts out 128rwhp whereas standard raptor puts out 112rwhp.
Be nice to see how it goes :idea:
Hi,
Sorry, but after owning,breaking about 15 tls and tlr's in past 3 years no tls or tlr kicks out 128rwhp as standard. The best tlr power i ever got was with a full M4 race system/open airbox/pc 2/k+n filter/tre and that kicked out 129.88rwhp.
So what i do know/found out is tls around 112-115 standard and tlr 118-120rwhp standard.
Raptors are 100-103rwhp standard and with a pc2 and race cans ya looking at 108rwhp.
Ive yet to get mine on dyno due to frontend mod's(again) fitting new triples,so have to get new size bearing/cups,then reposition the ignition due to new triples hitting it as they turn and THEN i need to get them drilled again to re fit my risers.
Gfunk
On the Road

Post by Gfunk »

Hi everyone :lol:

I agree with TL monkey, I had a 2000 TLR and the only mod on that bike were race cans and when i had the bike on the dyno it only put out 117bhp!

I think that TLR had different 'cams' that gave it more bhp and maybe different valve sizes also.

I'm interested to see if the ecu gives you any more bhp but i'm a little sceptical.

Good luck! :lol:
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

Gfunk wrote:55 years agoHi everyone :lol:

I agree with TL monkey, I had a 2000 TLR and the only mod on that bike were race cans and when i had the bike on the dyno it only put out 117bhp!

I think that TLR had different 'cams' that gave it more bhp and maybe different valve sizes also.

I'm interested to see if the ecu gives you any more bhp but i'm a little sceptical.

Good luck! :lol:
What makes me side on the fact that ecu MIGHT be restricted is the fact that my raptor has got tlr cams/tlr gasflowed heads with bigger valves+ a 70cc bigbore+60mm race cans fitted to it and its only kickin out 120rwhp,so something is restricting it as i would expect 130-135 on that setup on a tls.
Now it could all be down to the exhuast system,which i cant see as normally you can expect around 5ish rwhp more going from race cans to a full race system
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

Sorry,my mistake :oops:
I meant 128 at the crank :roll:
This is only what I have heard though,no hard facts to back it up.
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

TLMONKEY,

Would fitting a PC2 not overcome possible restrictions in the ECU,I thought that's what they did so you can add more fuel when and where you want it,also are the throttle bodies the same length and diameter as TLR/TLS and are the injectors the same.

Regards,zorro 8)
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

zorro wrote:55 years agoTLMONKEY,

Would fitting a PC2 not overcome possible restrictions in the ECU,I thought that's what they did so you can add more fuel when and where you want it,also are the throttle bodies the same length and diameter as TLR/TLS and are the injectors the same.

Regards,zorro 8)
Not sure about pc2 overcoming restrictions,you still have to run a tre even with a pc2/3 fitted
As for tls-tlr difference.
Tls has 48mm ThrottleBodies+1 injector per t/b
TLR has 52mm t/b's+ 2 injectors per t/b and they are fitted at a different angle.
TLR Also has slightly higher comp ratio and slightly more lift on the cams
SV1000 upto 2004 has 52mm,single injector's ,2005+ went to 54mm,single injector with slightly raised comp ratio.(as per tlr)
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

just want to know if you have an update for us monkey 8)

how does it run with the TLS ecu?

cheers, jan
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

wreckah wrote:55 years agojust want to know if you have an update for us monkey 8)

how does it run with the TLS ecu?

cheers, jan
Not got it done yet jan, waiting for place near me who are going to have a cheap dyno run day Either on 18th OR 25th august (£10 per run,normally would cost £30 per run) because im a cheap fooker :lol:
Loads of tl1000 going same day off TLZone :)
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

aaah, cool 8)
philattersall
On the Road

Post by philattersall »

Is your bike put together yet TL? Be interesting to see how you get on with this ECU mod. Whilst your Raptor is frankly the coolest thing i've seen on two wheels. I'd be interested to know how the ECU mod would work on a 'normal' 1000cc raptor
I wonder if anyone on the italian raptor forum has tried it?
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

philattersall wrote:55 years agoIs your bike put together yet TL? Be interesting to see how you get on with this ECU mod. Whilst your Raptor is frankly the coolest thing i've seen on two wheels. I'd be interested to know how the ECU mod would work on a 'normal' 1000cc raptor
I wonder if anyone on the italian raptor forum has tried it?
As far as i know i will be the first to do it,then again my italian is non existant. :lol:

Will know either after the 18th or 25th depending on dyno day get together at quill/jbracing.
Wintermute
On the Road

interesting thoughts

Post by Wintermute »

was browsing away on the net, as you do, looking at info on ama superbike racers using tls suzuki's, something got my attention, they were going on about cutting down the throttle bodies, apparently makes a difference to bhp, taking off the body airbox side of the butterfly and lowering the airbox bottom to suit. have u heard anything similar anyone?
Keep it Real!
01 vrap, ducati yokes/forks/front wheel, clip-ons, aprillia disc's, link plates, hagon shock,TFI box, air box mod'd, tre, prp exhausts, modified monoposto 916 seat unit, new undertray and expansion tank.