Billet anodised clutch cover+anodised billet clutch plate

General spannery stuff
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Billet anodised clutch cover+anodised billet clutch plate

Post by TLMONKEY »

Just fitted these to my raptor,hope you like as much as i do :)
Prices to come later,came off a member of tl1000 site who makes them in the usa.(Email-rightseat@hotmail.com)

EDIT...Price's,
Outer Cover $235, Inner pressure plate $125, Spring retainers $47 . Insured shipping = usa $15, u.k./europe $35 :)
Different colours available
Hit link to http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r282 ... 519938.pbw

WARNING......The Close up shot(A.K.A. "The Money shot")

Last edited by TLMONKEY on |September 9th, 2007|, 1:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

TLMONKEY, man that is one sweet looking Rap 8) is that a Rifleman clutch cover and who makes those tasty pressure plates, you're going to hypnotize people if they stare at that setup for long enough :lol:

No bar end weights :shock: watch out for those Kami Kaze squirrels they're going to get ya nuts:lol: Have you enlarged the exaust balance pipe, been thinking of doing this too and fitting sort of half moon deflectors to get exaust gas out both pipes (cans) equally although may restrict flow being at 90 degrees, I've noticed TL's have more of a crossover design, sorry for all the questions but as they say '' a bike is never finished ''.

Regards, zorro 8)
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

No mate ,
Its vandrivers Billet clutch cover and billet clutch pressure plate. Rifleman only modify's the original lastic clutch covers but vandriver ataully gets these made out of billet aluminium:)
Yer,
Not got round to fitting bar end weights and to be honest until you just said it i had tottallt forgot about not having them fitted
As for the exh, Ive not modified the balance pipe,unless you mean the actual linkpipe's? which i have replaced with slightly bigger ones to be able to fit the bigger inlet silencers:)

zorro wrote:55 years agoTLMONKEY, man that is one sweet looking Rap 8) is that a Rifleman clutch cover and who makes those tasty pressure plates, you're going to hypnotize people if they stare at that setup for long enough :lol:

No bar end weights :shock: watch out for those Kami Kaze squirrels they're going to get ya nuts:lol: Have you enlarged the exaust balance pipe, been thinking of doing this too and fitting sort of half moon deflectors to get exaust gas out both pipes (cans) equally although may restrict flow being at 90 degrees, I've noticed TL's have more of a crossover design, sorry for all the questions but as they say '' a bike is never finished ''.

Regards, zorro 8)
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

TL, thanks for that info, perhaps you can mention prices sometime, I did mean the balance pipe but I think the lighter weatherd color kind of made it look bigger, if I imagine it polished up it looks like mine after all.

Regards, zorro 8)
taz_116
On the Road

Post by taz_116 »

TL, thats a sweet looking ride. Thought about the clear cover, but got put off by a mate who said that they get all scratche dquickly, is this right?

Oh and where did you get those forks????? I want some!! :roll:
Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul

2001 V-Raptor 1000, K&N Air Filter & TRE
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

taz_116 wrote:55 years agoTL, thats a sweet looking ride. Thought about the clear cover, but got put off by a mate who said that they get all scratched quickly, is this right?

Oh and where did you get those forks????? I want some!! :roll:
Thanks mate.
This is the first one ive had mate so cant really comment on the scratches thing.
But there are 2 types of cover ,1 that is a standard plastic cover that is cut and a plastic type clear cover fitted and the one ive got which i made out of 1 peice of alloy with clear cover fitted
The forks mate would cost you secondhand around £3500 used(around £8000+vat when new in 2006)
http://www.yoyodyneti.com/ProductInfo.a ... =O%20FG670

then around another £1200 for the calipers secondhand(£2450 new)
https://www.harris-performance.com/webs ... meset2.htm

+ brembo race disc £300(£600ish new)+marchesini frontwheel+ one-off "Made for chris walker" cresent triple clamps £400 (£???? new)
Or just for you £5k for the lot
:D
Cah or cheque :lol:

The forks are ohlins fg670 gas charged forks as used in bsb/wsb/moto gp last year and still this year.
Brembo BILLET monobloc calipers(2 pad type)
Brembo race disc's
Wintermute
On the Road

Post by Wintermute »

TLM thats a nice ride, want your forks, mmm.
know wonder your not pushing the front under braking..lol
got a bid on them forks on ebay, fingers crossed.
see when u tried clipons how much got in the way? other than the tank.
do ducatis run different wheel spindle dia.?
told you i was gonna pick your brains when i met you, just have to do it online instead. lol
Keep it Real!
01 vrap, ducati yokes/forks/front wheel, clip-ons, aprillia disc's, link plates, hagon shock,TFI box, air box mod'd, tre, prp exhausts, modified monoposto 916 seat unit, new undertray and expansion tank.
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

Wintermute wrote:55 years agoTLM thats a nice ride, want your forks, mmm.
know wonder your not pushing the front under braking..lol
got a bid on them forks on ebay, fingers crossed.
see when u tried clipons how much got in the way? other than the tank.
do ducatis run different wheel spindle dia.?
told you i was gonna pick your brains when i met you, just have to do it online instead. lol
Might be o.k. with standard mastercylinder setup as i had problems with mine which rubbed the paint off the rightside of top fairing but i fitted a brembo race m/c which has the hose coming out the bottom and not the side like standard.
I Had to drop my fork legs backup through the tripleclamps about 60-70mm which didnt leave much space between the mudgaurd and the bottom yoke(about 3in max) but again cant compare that to standard forks or duc ones as i would say my ohlins are shorter.
But i bought the raptor for the nice situp position and only went with the clipons as at the time i didnt have a set of fatbars to use so needed a temp solution just to get back on the road again.
Goodluck with the duc forks :)
Wintermute
On the Road

Post by Wintermute »

got a m/cylinder off 916 (smaller than nissin one), throttle off szr660, (cables out the top).is that super corsa's your wearing, any good ? hows the mileage?lol
do you know if TL/TLR headers are tapered?
Keep it Real!
01 vrap, ducati yokes/forks/front wheel, clip-ons, aprillia disc's, link plates, hagon shock,TFI box, air box mod'd, tre, prp exhausts, modified monoposto 916 seat unit, new undertray and expansion tank.
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

Wintermute wrote:55 years agogot a m/cylinder off 916 (smaller than nissin one), throttle off szr660, (cables out the top).is that super corsa's your wearing, any good ? hows the mileage?lol
do you know if TL/TLR headers are tapered?
916 m/c should be fine with clipons as the hose goes on the end,not underneath like mine.
Supercorsa got given off race bike,again quick fix to get on road,have got a set of pilotpowers to go on(anotherebay find) got cheap as rear is 190,not 180 like it should be on rap,will fit them when i get back off hol's:)
Tl systems,standard or race wont fit striaight on with cutting and re-positioning the rear header pipework and getting another stubby pipe made to fit,hence why i havent done it yet.
They arent tapered,im sure.
993ti
On the Road

Post by 993ti »

Love it, it looks sexy on the rap.
Do you think the cover will be available in different colors?
Don't think the black one will suit mine.
2003 Raptor 1000
Don't steal, the government doesn't like competition.
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

993ti wrote:55 years agoLove it, it looks sexy on the rap.
Do you think the cover will be available in different colors?
Don't think the black one will suit mine.
Yes it is,
See here:)

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r282 ... 519938.pbw

Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

Oh people don't look at it You'll all go bankrupt!!
No bike is ever finished!
993ti
On the Road

Post by 993ti »

Probably too late, got my mind set on it :lol:
2003 Raptor 1000
Don't steal, the government doesn't like competition.
bladesuk1
On the Road

Post by bladesuk1 »

i don't suppose that these would fit on the 650ie by any chance?