TLS ECU to work on Raptors.

General spannery stuff
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

TLS ECU to work on Raptors.

Post by RaptorMan »

I know this topic has been covered before but after mucho research here is the definitive way to do it. :)
First (obviously) :mrgreen: you will need to get hold of a `97 TL1000S ECU.
Then you will need a 100 ohm resistor,some(at least one)ECU plug pins(female),
and a couple of short lengths of wire the same size as the harness to the ECU,
and you should really have the use of a soldering iron and some heatshrink.

1st solder a piece of wire to 1 ECU pin,length of which can be determined by yourself,
then solder the resistor to this wire and solder the other piece of wire to the other end of the resistor.
Cover it all in heatshrink to keep it weatherproof but leave the loose end of the wire exposed.
Find an earth wire in the harness,should be blue in colour but easily checked with a multi-meter set on continuity.
How you connect this wire to the one you have made is up to yourself but personally I am going to cut this wire and then solder it back together with the additional wire.
The reason I am doing it this way is 2 fold.
Soldered connections are much stronger and conduct electricity better,and cutting the wire also allows you to apply heatshrink,again for protection.

Once you have soldered and insulated this little assembly you then need to turn your attention to the larger ECU plug of the 2.
If you look at the ECU itself,the larger socket will be on the right with the locking clips on the top.
Look along the bottom row of pins from the right hand side and count 4 in.
This is pin No 39,or the A/T pin that the Suzuki uses as a rudimentary anti theft system.
Without this pin being earthed through the resistor the ECU will not boot up the fuel pump.
Look at the corresponding hole in the plug and you will find on the rear of it a small grey blanking plug,remove this plug(they just push in)and insert your newly made resistor wire pin until it is level with the other pins.

You can now plug in your TLS ECU and go play.

The theory is that this will give you a slightly different power spread with more power up top,more torque,and tweaking should be possible to get the best out of it.

I am just waiting for my pins and resistor to arrive,(ordered them from here http://www.gwrmotorsport.com/ecu_ec3039.html )
and I will be doing it myself.

Lets go have some more fun peeps :evil:

I will let you know how I get on. 8)
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable
snapdragon

Re: TLS ECU to work on Raptors.

Post by snapdragon »

oooow heart replacement surgery !! :o
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>