What did you do to your Raptor today

General spannery stuff
hondaxl1
On the Road

Re: What did you do to your Raptor today

Post by hondaxl1 »

Well, I was using a downloaded map for my PS3 from their website which was reasonably good to ride with. The lower fuelling never felt as good as it should be (under 5000 rpm) so I bit the bullet and had a dyno map done. The downloaded map gave me 111Hp and now I have 113Hp but the rich fuelling down load is removed and after 1 short ride it is much more rider friendly. You have got to love that torque curve.
Attachments
dyno 2.jpg
dyno 2.jpg (81.94 KiB) Viewed 8034 times
Tikka
On the Road

Post by Tikka »

Wauw, that are some nice curves
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Eeee.... we all like big heaps of torque :D lovely jubbly

BTW how much has the torque curve changed from stock?

Andy B
hondaxl1
On the Road

Post by hondaxl1 »

Hi andy, with a TRE, air box open at top, Leo Vince mufflers with the DB's in, Hi-flow air filter and the dual map fueling, the toque curve is a little bit stronger and smoother across the range. It was quick enough before, but now is just a pleasure to ride everywhere in the rev range. As an aside, I have the cold map resistor mod on the bike and since the mapping I have stopped using it and on light throttle the bike is quieter. Here is another dyno run with just staintune muflers from the net to compare.
Attachments
standard dyno.gif
standard dyno.gif (10.64 KiB) Viewed 7991 times
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

So it looks like there is pretty much the same percentage increase in both the bhp & torque with the usual 5.5K dip for noise regs beefed up which must help with the smoothness.

Looks like the last graph came from Bad the Bike Boy's article on the Raptor (http://www.bikeboy.org/raptor1000.html) where he seems to think the post 7K torque drops off more than in the TLS. But from the TLS curves I've seen I reckon this maybe just a symptom of comparing different scaled graphs??

What is that they say, power is how fast you hit the tree & torque is how hard you hit it.
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

Not today as I was sorting my SV out but I actually washed the Raptor the other day :shock:
stevencoombs73
On the Road

Post by stevencoombs73 »

Hey guys, I'm attempting to turn my V Raptor to a Naked Raptor and struggling to find a speedo bracket anywhere without cutting the one I have.
I've spotted another original I can cut/keep for spare if turn back.

Just wondered if any seasoned pros can point in right direction cheers :-)
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

After my crash i went from V to naked and just modified the original to fit as i fitted a bikini fairing instead.

You dont see many around but the 650 version should be the same and they may be more common???
nil illigitimae carborundum
stevencoombs73
On the Road

Post by stevencoombs73 »

Ok tnx. I'm going to chop off fairing supports and headlight support and just use for speedo. Then I'm going to fit fork brackets and possibly twin headlights instead of round. Choices choices lol.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Oil and filter change and new seals on one of the oil cooler banjos, yeah I know, just boring maint, nothing exciting or tarty but tax paid and the mot coming up shortly :oops:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Deleted User 4100

Post by Deleted User 4100 »

Well !!! I haven't had it that long so its a gradual process of refining 16 years of other peoples add-ons

Fitted some new winkers as the ones that were fitted where different front and back when I got the bike didn't flash properly or at the same rate front to back :? that's now fixed :)

Also fitted a SatNav mount to the handlebar clamp ready for my TomTom for an expected Euro trip sometime soon-ish
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

RaptorGixer wrote:55 years agoWell !!! I haven't had it that long so its a gradual process of refining 16 years of other peoples add-ons

Fitted some new winkers as the ones that were fitted where different front and back when I got the bike didn't flash properly or at the same rate front to back :? that's now fixed :)
Had they filled them with blinker fluid? :lol: :suspect: :ouch:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Continued painting engine... Can't recommend to anyone. :ouch:
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
Deleted User 4100

dizzyblonde wrote:55 years ago
RaptorGixer wrote:55 years agoWell !!! I haven't had it that long so its a gradual process of refining 16 years of other peoples add-ons

Had they filled them with blinker fluid? :lol: :suspect: :ouch:
Ummm perhaps that was the problem, I don't think they had, 'cos I took one of the lenses off and no fluid came out :?
Deleted User 4100

Bit more fettling on the Rap, I've fitted a hardwire kit for my SatNav and what a ********** mare I had trying to get the tank back on, I undid the 2 front mounts and lifted the tank on its rear pivot... ummm mistake

When trying to bolt it back up the 2 front mounts were 1/2 an inch away from the holes, so I undid the rear mount to try and line the front up... errrmmm no that didn't work :shock: looked at moving the rear slidey mount back a bit... errmmm no couldn't get to the underside to undo the middle bolt :?

So back to the original plan, mount the rear then try to mount the front... I won't take as long to write this post as it took me to get the tank front mounts to line up and bolt in...with a large screw driver used as a lever to compress the rear rubber mount.. Grrr :angry:

That tank is "never" coming off again :x

Ohh and as the bike came with a rear Ohlins shock, I need to raise the rear ride height on the ride height adjuster a bit get a little more weight over the front as its a bit skippy on poor surfaces, I figure 20-25mm should do the trick :pinch: