What did you do to your Raptor today

General spannery stuff
andybaggies
On the Road

Re: What did you do to your Raptor today

Post by andybaggies »

looked at moving the rear slidey mount back a bit... errmmm no couldn't get to the underside to undo the middle bolt
From what I recall if you take the battery out that gives enough space to the underside.
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

RaptorGixer wrote:55 years agoBit more fettling on the Rap, I've fitted a hardwire kit for my SatNav and what a ********** mare I had trying to get the tank back on, I undid the 2 front mounts and lifted the tank on its rear pivot... ummm mistake

When trying to bolt it back up the 2 front mounts were 1/2 an inch away from the holes, so I undid the rear mount to try and line the front up... errrmmm no that didn't work :shock: looked at moving the rear slidey mount back a bit... errmmm no couldn't get to the underside to undo the middle bolt :?

So back to the original plan, mount the rear then try to mount the front... I won't take as long to write this post as it took me to get the tank front mounts to line up and bolt in...with a large screw driver used as a lever to compress the rear rubber mount.. Grrr :angry:

That tank is "never" coming off again :x
I normally find that if the tank is being difficult, it is because the cable loom is not routed correctly over the airbox, there is very little clearance if anything is not in it's correct position.
152/999
Deleted User 4100

Post by Deleted User 4100 »

Cheers for the info guys, I did look at pulling out the battery, but being a lazy sod.. :?

I could have been missing that point about the wiring loom tbh, I was getting very :angry: by the end and may have missed that it was in the way, but a bit of leavering with a long screwdriver seemed to get it back in place :blink:
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

Had to strip the petrol cap on Thursday evening as the lock was sticking and I was going to need to get fuel yesterday as I was riding it to Bury (just out side Manchester ) about 230 miles. The journey didn't start great as it wasn't running very well, holding back and then surging but that cleared by about 50 miles and ran fine after that.
Stopped after 100 miles for fuel and to stretch my legs and then again 80 miles later for another fuel top up and stretch again.
I think out of the 230 miles I must have filtered about 60 of them, accidents, car breakdowns and road works all causing delays.

I'm not sure whether it's the seat or the peg position or a combination of both but my god the Raptor is not comfy for me, my hips are still aching today!
geoff
Knight of the realm

Post by geoff »

Mine has had time lavished on it, water pump seal, valve clearances, and a general look over, all is well...
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Nowt done on the Raptor today. I spent three hours cleaning the crap off the chain and rear wheel of the ZZR, which has been glued on since about 2013. My husband proclaimed

It's chain is gold, and the wheels are silver!

YES dear, and now you can see the sprocket nuts are nut shaped too :shock:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
raptor996
On the Road

Post by raptor996 »

Image. Fitted new chain n sprockets, bargin £89, standard gearing. Plus new maxxis sports max tyres , another bargain £128 the pair. All curtesy of fleabay.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Made a couple of s/s brackets for new indicators

Also started spocket changover, going to 17/39 (tls) imho a better combo than stock 16/40 and not so much shifting around the city, also better for wear on the chain and sprockets!
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

ozzraptor wrote: 6 years ago Also started spocket changover, going to 17/39 (tls) imho a better combo than stock 16/40 and not so much shifting around the city, also better for wear on the chain and sprockets!
Can you give us an example like how much revs dropped when you drive 100km/h or something like that?
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Also started spocket changover, going to 17/39 (tls)
Be good to know what sprockets you used, at least the rear as from what I recall it has a weird inside diameter.
HiFi
On the Road

Post by HiFi »

Hey Ozzraptor those indicator pod covers really need to be carbon on an X-rap :D
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

HiFi wrote: 6 years ago Hey Ozzraptor those indicator pod covers really need to be carbon on an X-rap :D
fixed

just a thought, be nice if someone could make these out of carbon!
Last edited by ozzraptor on |October 10th, 2017|, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

andybaggies wrote: 6 years ago
Also started spocket changover, going to 17/39 (tls)
Be good to know what sprockets you used, at least the rear as from what I recall it has a weird inside diameter.
Yes,I used a tls sprocket, took out 1mm from the inside, and a stock tls front sprocket.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

V4mp wrote: 6 years ago
ozzraptor wrote: 6 years ago Also started spocket changover, going to 17/39 (tls) imho a better combo than stock 16/40 and not so much shifting around the city, also better for wear on the chain and sprockets!
Can you give us an example like how much revs dropped when you drive 100km/h or something like that?
This is a great site , gives you all the info you need about sprockets, wear,ratios etc, just select model

I thought the gear ratios and wear was very interesting ,seems the stock rap 1000 ]has a very poor ratio for wear. I still have my stock sprockets somewhere and they prove this. The tl is much better geared imho

http://www.gearingcommander.com/
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Just for comparison, stock raptor 1000 gearing