Clutch casing

General spannery stuff
forza
On the Road

Clutch casing

Post by forza »

Does any know whether or not the clutch casing from an SV1000 will fit on my V Rap, I am fed up of trying to seal the leaking clutch cover so would like to try and fit the one piece unit from an SV?
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Re: Clutch casing

Post by Crap Tartan »

I presume it will fit and I know one from a TL1000 will fit as I have one!

Check out suzuki part numbers at somewhere like Robinsons Foundry

http://www.robinsonsfoundry.co.uk/shop/ ... finder.htm
nil illigitimae carborundum
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

the TL1000 one fits, I have a nice black one on mine due to internal damage a while ago
you just need to keep the original cooler cover part because the tl one is a different shape
Not sure if the SV one is the same though
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
forza
On the Road

Post by forza »

Thanks for the replies but I don't think I explained myself properly, I should have said crankcase cover (clutch side), on the SV it is a one piece affair not like on the Raptor and TL which is two piece having a seperate clutch cover so if it would fit it would eliminate the leak problem.
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Post by Aussiejoe »

From the parts diagrams they don't match, and the water pump is slightly different. Seems a long way round to fix an oil leak, have you replaced the o-ring on the clutch cover, or is it getting damaged when you put it together?
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

forza wrote:55 years agoThanks for the replies but I don't think I explained myself properly, I should have said crankcase cover (clutch side), on the SV it is a one piece affair not like on the Raptor and TL which is two piece having a seperate clutch cover so if it would fit it would eliminate the leak problem.
The cover normally leaks after it has been over-tightened. If I remember rightly, the cover has metal inserts where the bolts go through, when the bolts are over-tightened, the inserts push through the cover, to make it oil tight you need to make sure the inserts are pushed back through the cover, fit a new O ring, use the correct sealant and tighten the bolts correctly (although manual is a bit vague about the torque value)
152/999