rear plug coil ?????

General spannery stuff
OZRaptor1000
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: Nope

rear plug coil ?????

Post by OZRaptor1000 »

Loving my raptor in this awesome QLD weather, but having an issue with the rear plug missing. Replaced both plugs with CR8EK ( Cagiva spec ). At idle rear cylinder fires ocassioanally - at 100kph ( 4000rpm) is no dramas, from prolly 3000rpm up she goes like stink :woot: . Tried fiddling with coil pack wires but I dunno really. Downloaded the english workshop manual (thankyou to whoever put that on this forum) but I am not smart enuff to figure this out. has anyone else had same problem? Temp doesnt matter same with choke on a lil or a lot. Replaced relay that runs coils too.
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Re: rear plug coil ?????

Post by Crap Tartan »

Test the rear plug lead/ coil system by holding plug against engine earth while you try to start engine on button. Sounds like something is breaking down back there, any signs of damage/heating of the lead. Are all coil connections good? Is the connection at top of spark plug good?
Hard to diagnose without being there........................
nil illigitimae carborundum
OZRaptor1000
On the Road

Post by OZRaptor1000 »

changed coil & lead from a mates Raptor & its still doing it. Checked & cleaned connector that powers coil. Getting quite confused right now/
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Have you run some injector cleaner through it?
Have you checked TPS?
What temp are you showing when running?
152/999
OZRaptor1000
On the Road

Post by OZRaptor1000 »

swapped over ecm & still the same.
Previous owner has replaced fuel pump & not cleaned rust & rubbish & moisture from tank & have figured out there is muck in the lil screen in injector. Ran some pretty serious fuel cleaner through it an its a bit better - will have to put up with it till winter when I'll pull pump out of tank & see what kind of disaster is in there - no fuel lights work either. Will remove & clean fuel rail & send injectors off to be professionally done.