1000 Rap steering stem sizes

General spannery stuff
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

1000 Rap steering stem sizes

Post by Crap Tartan »

Hi, does anyone know or has their bike handy so can measure the hole diameter in the bottom yoke that the steering stem sits in and the size of the hole diameter in the top yoke that it passes through as it is bigger? (clearance)

Thanks!
nil illigitimae carborundum
snapdragon

Re: 1000 Rap steering stem sizes

Post by snapdragon »

Don't ask me I'm a numpty, did you sort it ok CT?
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Yup got the dimensions I was looking for, was looking to adapt a set of yokes to give better steering with it being an outfit. They would reduce trail to make steering easier but too many problems to overcome as I already have a non standard front end!!
I need to find somewhere that will make me a set of yokes with 6deg reduced trail at a reasonable cost!!!!
nil illigitimae carborundum
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Not an easy ask I'd think, old fashioned engineering places are a rare beast these days
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Crap Tartan wrote: 7 years ago Yup got the dimensions I was looking for, was looking to adapt a set of yokes to give better steering with it being an outfit. They would reduce trail to make steering easier but too many problems to overcome as I already have a non standard front end!!
I need to find somewhere that will make me a set of yokes with 6deg reduced trail at a reasonable cost!!!!
Have you tried to move bikes centre of gravity forward by lifting rear (for example lifting triangles) and lowering front (forks throw yokes)? Also if you have adjustable suspension playing with different settings might also do the trick... Changing spring might help as well.
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !