blast and bedivil it

General spannery stuff
snapdragon

blast and bedivil it

Post by snapdragon »

Bike's been put up for two months and finally got jumpstarted today, oil pouring from the cooler, oh lovely, lucky I still had some spare seals. Discs a super shade of reddish brown, so a trip round the lanes was well overdue, But rear disc split entirely!
Well there went my plan to avoid rugby sevens and get out for a bit. I know the rear disc was replaced under warranty back in the mists of time, and I hardly ever use the rear brake as I don't do much town riding so how the holyhell does it manage to split itself huh?
EBC disc (and pads for effect) now on order and bike parking full of little heaps of cat litter (to sop up the oil)
farking bardwarks as they say on golga frincham
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Re: blast and bedivil it

Post by dizzyblonde »

My rear did that when I bought it, so they replaced it for free, as it failed its MOT. No idea why they crack.

Its rather strange that you leave it for a short time, and it throws its toys out of the pram like that. Mine(touch wood) tends to be alright when left(which is more often than ridden), but then its heavily blanketed and molly coddled in the shed. Yours is outside in the cold isn't it? Perhaps a sudden chill made it ill?? :sick:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Dante
On the Road

Post by Dante »

Maybe rear pads get stuck and press the discs while on the move,and it overheats?
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Could be any of the above, mine was changed on recall a short while before I bought her, many miles ago. Major sulks is the most likely, I need a job, so I have a legitimate excuse to go out every day
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>