Luggage racks and such similar

General spannery stuff
snapdragon

Luggage racks and such similar

Post by snapdragon »

:( :cold: I've had this Ventura rack on my beastie for a good long while, its had a repair when the L frame split but now the high rail is a wobbling on its mounts so I'm going to revert to the grab rail, this works for weekend travel/camping, I've panniers and an FO big bag which holds all I need.
It's the day to day visiting places where I might need to buy stuff and stash it that's now the bother, Ventura bags or a pair of giant panniers which fit the rail have been the go-to.
Bags I have a plenty but fizzled now whether to get a new Ventura set up or search for something else.
Hohum
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Anakist
On the Road

Re: Luggage racks and such similar

Post by Anakist »

Did you have to cut your under seat panels to get it to fit? We have carbon on the Wife's bike so I don't know if it is that or I am doing something wrong.

James
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

My rack is a Hepco and Becker iirc. I really like the fact it's a bit Rentec like on the rear, and then has a lovely trellis section between the seat and exhaust. Very handy for bungees to attach to, which we all know is lacking on the Raptor. Can't for the life in me remember where it came from. Likely a chance eBay purchase.
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Anakist wrote: 7 years ago Did you have to cut your under seat panels to get it to fit? We have carbon on the Wife's bike so I don't know if it is that or I am doing something wrong.

James
No there was not any cutting involved, but it was way back in 02/3 that it was fitted, I have the carbon panels too.
The L brackets fit inside the panels, and attach to the sub frame. Mine were done by the shop who supplied the kit. There might be info still on BurnieMorgan site (aus)
SnappY
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

I'll check out the Hepco and Becker Dizzy thanks, I knew yours were different but couldn't recall the make.
SnappY
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

dizzyblonde wrote: 7 years ago My rack is a Hepco and Becker iirc. I really like the fact it's a bit Rentec like on the rear, and then has a lovely trellis section between the seat and exhaust. Very handy for bungees to attach to, which we all know is lacking on the Raptor. Can't for the life in me remember where it came from. Likely a chance eBay purchase.
Aha, still available from Hepco and Becker uk for 158gbp's very handy, and considerably less than the Ventura I should imagine, pretty sure mine was more than 200 back in the mists (but that could have included the bag/s) I might invest....
SnappY