Rectifier regulator

General spannery stuff
snapdragon

Rectifier regulator

Post by snapdragon »

I just went mad and bought a used one from eBay, since I used a lot of Shebee and Andy's ingenuity, time, and effort when mine did the dance of destruction whilst visiting the Sussex chapter of Raptor. (Thank you Andy and Shebee xx)
Oddly this one was/is currently in Brighton, had I known earlier eh??..
I'll probably have to get a battery too.....
Fingers crossed X. I know used isn't the best idea but it has a fifth of my old girl's mileage on it so might do a turn
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
andybaggies
On the Road

Re: Rectifier regulator

Post by andybaggies »

To at least get some semblance of warning that the reg/rec is about to pop and possible save the battery I've invested in one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-12 ... 1810446914
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Science and technology constantly amaze me, I would never have known such a thing could exist andybaggies, guess I'm rather a stone age sort. Electrickery is magic smoke and mirrors. :doh:
SnappY
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Question please, I'm unclear about this, bought a new battery and prepped it yesterday, should I fit it now... before the reg rec arrives or should it be all done together? tia
SnappY
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

should I fit it now... before the reg rec arrives or should it be all done together?
Both times my reg/rec died it took the battery with it. The first time by boiling it dry & the second time by swelling it like a balloon. So If you want to use the bike it'll be best to wait for the reg/rec.

BTW the last time I changed the reg/rec I gave all the connections a through clean and zipped tied the smaller cable onto the frame so the bottom of the sidepanel was shielding it. And the larger cable was zipped behind the larger frame rail which did involved a lot of fiddling about and rerouting cables.

As extra protection I also covered each with a piece taken from a garage nitrile rubber glove. The connections are accurately placed to maximise crap thrown at them from both the back wheel & chain.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Thank you, I sort of thought that might be best, just that a new battery is sitting on the kitchen counter glowering at me and waiting to get going.... rubber gloves for those delicate connections sounds a good plan :nod:
SnappY