Simmer Dim

Do your planning here, and let us know how it went!
pod
On the Road

Re: Simmer Dim

Post by pod »

kirriemuir is one of my old stamping grounds .

Have a pint and or soup in the Newton Hotel, tell Bob and Joyce that Pod says hello.
Check out Visochis ice cream parlour, its a cute wee place and a great introduction to the Angus Glens.
It looks like you have a full schedule but if you can , spend time on B roads from Kirrie to Aberdeen, the main road is dull dull dull, whereas there is a tapestry of B roads criss crossing Angus and Aberdeenshire. I would take the Brechin road out of Kirrie ( about 9 miles)and head over by the Caterthuns, have a break in Edzell then meander my way across the Mearns to Aberdeen.
Last year I took my Rap to Egilsay for midsummer, Orkney was great, I hope you get great weather.
Stay calm.
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Well, we are back, have done 2,250 miles (most in a day was Fri 358miles from Glasgow to home), Shetland was amazing, Scotland and it's roads were good too, weather was good until Wed this week, but although we were wet it was still warm.

Pictures

Will add more pictures once the RBR has finished and will try to add some titles etc too.

Xtra performed really well, the only problem was a rear puncture on Friday morning that managed to delay us for a couple of hours, so we managed to see/ride in the worst of the rain in Glasgow, and even with all the luggage we were getting 48mpg.

The Simmer Dim even got a mention on the news (Shebee & Snap, see anyone you know?)
Scroll through to 25:30
Last edited by Miz on |July 1st, 2012|, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
152/999
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

:thumbsup:

Good to hear you're back ok, lovely pics :photo:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>