Testing the water for a Raptor meet.

Do your planning here, and let us know how it went!
norrie
On the Road

Testing the water for a Raptor meet.

Post by norrie »

Ok was thinking about organising another Raptor meet after the success of last weekend and just wondered what people thought with dates/places etc.

I was thinking of somewhere quite central in the country so somewhere around Bakewell sounded nice. We could camp Friday and Saturday night and go for a run on the Saturday and go to the likes of Matlock Bath, Lovers leap etc. It's a beautiful part of the country with some cracking roads around it.

There are a lot of people probably on holiday in August so I was thinking of the middle of September so Friday 13th to Sunday the 15th.

Let me know what you think and I can start checking out campsites etc. Failing that we could always go back to East Kirby. :ride:

If we can get an idea of numbers we can then see if it's a goer or not plus give us time to check out the biker friendly campsites.
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
snapdragon

Re: Testing the water for a Raptor meet.

Post by snapdragon »

Probably a good few campsites around there. I've been to one in the area behind a pub (good)- but camping was on a steep hill (bad).
The rest I've been to were a long ways back so might not still exist
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Literally down the road for us(well not too far that is) Nice whisky shop in Bakewell :drunk:

Not sure of campsites, or bunkhouses though. Been a while since anyone I know has organised down that neck of the woods.

We would like to come along 'parental kid watching dependant'.
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

I'm game for meeting up somewhere but I know that I'll be at another do some time in September, just not sure exactly which weekend yet. Sod's Law says it will be whatever weekend our meet is planned for.

Go ahead and find a site though. I'll get there if I can. I'll try and get more details on my other proposed do in the meantime.
Fazerstun
Crockery Monitor

Post by Fazerstun »

Sounds like a plan. I would like to come but it all depends on the lad and Uni start/moving in date :drunk:
I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings. I am a drunk, we go to parties.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Haven't thought about bunkhouses/camping barns. But there are some :) possibly not near a pub though
Here's a list

and campsites ()
and another list

there will be more, and different no doubt.
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

I am up for it in principle, although I am planned biking/camping the two previous weekends too! Will have to check thru my work diary first before committing.
nil illigitimae carborundum
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

:revrev: Yes probably, cannot commit at the moment need to check Harley rally dates and it will depend on builders! :doh:
Twisted Tequila Sister