Raptor meet- Derbyshire 15th-17th August

Do your planning here, and let us know how it went!
norrie
On the Road

Re: Raptor meet- Derbyshire 15th-17th August

Post by norrie »

Not long home after a fantastic weekend. :mrgreen:
Thanks to all the people that made it and sorry to those who couldn't make it. Yes I got a bit wet riding down and back home but it was dry on the Saturday. Miz we ended up not going on you run that you planned as we were all pretty tired and sore from the ride down the day before but we still enjoyed a slow ride out on some of the smaller country roads and ended up in Matlock Bath which had a bike thing on which was cool. 8)

There was 5 Raptors in total and Dizzy made it 6 on the Saturday evening when she, Pete and mini me joined us for our dinner. :thumbsup:
Yes I probably drunk too much but then what's new. :nod:

We're thinking about arranging an annual Raptor meet so if anyone has any ideas for dates etc let us know.
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

my rear shock let go just after leaving home so it was an interesting ride down and back boing boing boing.

Good weekend ,good crowd, it was nice to meet Snap. I got a bit wet coming back and it was a bit windy to say the least.
Bit of a Muppet
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Glad you got home ok mate. Yeah it was really windy I had to go at 90 just to keep in a straight line. :ride:
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Aye, short and sweet for me. Maybe the mini me should have been left in the cage at home :blush:

I sent a text, but for those who didn't receive that.
The journey home was boring. So boring. Fifty limited all the way up the M1. However it got really exciting when many thousands of pounds worth of cars turned up for a round of formation dancing.
Ferrari 459, two Audi R8, Porche Cayenne, Mercedes C63, Maserati Gt, all together and taking up the motorway. They had a play with me, within the limits. Watching them was like watching the start of the grand prix for most of the journey !
Got home around 9.30, just before it rained. Might have been only a few miles, but it is an awkward place to get in and out of.

I like the idea of using East Kirkby as usual for our next meet, in June or July. We are part of tge furniture and always made welcome.
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Yeah thanks for making the effort Hun. It was good to see you guys.
As for anyone else that wants to come along to any meets get your arse into gear as everyone is welcome. :nod:
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
Fazerstun
Crockery Monitor

Post by Fazerstun »

What a fab weekend! :thumbsup: Had a great time - thanks to everyone that appeared. I love spending time with you guys, cos you make my face ache :mrgreen: Good ride back, a bit wet as we passed Derby (ish) but sunny, if a bit feckin windy, all the way back. 244 miles home (where's my prize?) tent drying on line, me showered, then realised no food in the house, so jumped in the car and went to the Co-Op :yuck: Pizza in oven, wine cracked open :drunk:

You guys rock :toocool:
I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings. I am a drunk, we go to parties.
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Home bathed and unpacked here too... Thanks to Norrie for organising and to all who made it there great time was had by both Boss and I... Nicely rounded off by totally random meeting of with a friend of mine from Sheffield who just happened to pop in to the pub on his way back from a pre 65 trial... And he apologises to Peter for his randomness in the car park blocking your exit!
Twisted Tequila Sister
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Always a pleasure to make an effort to see one of the nicest bunches of people I know (I'm quite antisocial and don't know that many people).

Particularly nice to see Snappy back with the group :happyhappy:
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

So where's the :photo: then? Or are they too incriminating? Glad you all had fun!
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Oh forgot to say my gift was very interesting thanks Faze . A saville row tailor couldnt have done a better job :mrgreen:
Bit of a Muppet
vassilis67
On the Road

Post by vassilis67 »

You all are joking, aren't you? Where are the PICTURES?
It's all greek to me....
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Give us time mate. Pics will follow once I finish work. :nod:
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

norrie wrote:55 years agoGive us time mate. Pics will follow once I finish work. :nod:
:thumbsup:
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Although I usually take my big camera, I didn't on this occasion. I took only snaps on my phone.

Aluminium Pannier Man

Tango Raptor

Bakewell, Make exceedingly good cakes

Not a Raptor

norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Getting ready for a big night out.

APM's new bubble wrap pants.

The Raps.

In Matlock Bath

Having a beer or three.

From left to right- Shebee, Andy, Shedmonkey aka APM, Norrie, Fazerstun and last but certainly not least Snapdragon.

Suspicous suspects.

Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!