Perth Raptor meet

Do your planning here, and let us know how it went!
Spyke
On the Road

Perth Raptor meet

Post by Spyke »

Had a bit of a gathering on Saturday...
Fab4.jpg
Fab4.jpg (208.09 KiB) Viewed 4248 times
Fab4again.jpg
Fab4again.jpg (198.54 KiB) Viewed 4248 times
The bellypans are TrendItaly, someone did ask I think.
Last edited by Spyke on |November 17th, 2014|, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Re: Perth Raptor meet

Post by ozzraptor »

8) nice picture mate :happyhappy: , i bet they sounded great . Do the trend italy lowers come with brakets and all ? I picked up a spare oil cooler the other day for $ 65 and it came with the lower bracket piece, may come in handy if ever i buy a secondhand sv one.
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Cool. 8)
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years ago8) nice picture mate :happyhappy: , i bet they sounded great . Do the trend italy lowers come with brakets and all ? I picked up a spare oil cooler the other day for $ 65 and it came with the lower bracket piece, may come in handy if ever i buy a secondhand sv one.
Yeah Batman was kind enough to cook us brekkie (well Batgirl cooked while we ogled the Batcave toys), and we only rode 500m to the photo spot as it was a stormy day, but the neighbours woulda been impressed! A variety of cans, OEM, Remus and Arrow(?) and my Akrapovic - an independent witness has previously verified my opinion that mine sound best! :thumbsup:

The TI lower does indeed come with fittings - a forward bracket that sits behind the oil cooler and some hangers to support the rear from a couple of engine bolts: Image

It also came with some spacers (not shown above) to fit the pan to the hangers, but it flared a little too much for my liking so I cut the long spacer in half and used it instead of the short spacer,and used the short spacer instead of the long spacer and it's spot on. I only had to dig out some M4 or M5 bolts to fit it, not sure why these weren't included, maybe they just forgot.

If you're gonna bite the bullet I would ask them if they could do it in a twill weave instead of the plain, I forgot about that, but luckily it's far enough away from the other CF that it's not really obvious that it's a different pattern. They do say on their website that they do twill (or twell) on request.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Yeah thats the bracket or similar to that one. I dont remember on my sv lower any other brackets like that one, from memory the sv lower also came with two triangular shaped brackets which bolted directly to the covers, they were very strong brackets because they bolted up to 2 points on the sidecovers. I guess the imported ones are slightly different.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Hmm, maybe because my TI piece is mainly single layer CF they don't think it's heavy enough to warrant a hefty bracket - or maybe its been designed to be a weak point in a tumble, it would make sense to design it to break away, rather than stress anything on the engine.