EYEBALL (changed title)

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
snapdragon

Re: EYEBALL (changed title)

Post by snapdragon »

Well there's nobody waiting at the door Red, shame we can't drag them in sometimes - sharing info and experience is what it's all about and the more the merrier
:thumbsup:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

T'other half spotted a red raptor filtering through traffic....cautiously on Weds night

Salterhebble Halifax.
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Not quite a Raptor eyeball but I did spot a couple of bikes in Settle that were worth a second look. One was a dark green TL1000 and there was a silver SV1000 with it. The both looked a bit grubby round the edges (like mine) and had higher bars on similar to the Rap.

Didn't get to see the owners. Unfortunately I couldn't park my bike alongside them for a photo. They both looked pretty good and I wouldn't have minded a natter with the owners but I didn't have much time to hang around until they got back from wherever they were enjoying breakfast.
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Red raptor with gold frame and wheels suspected to be covered in long hairs spotted outside a very expensive hifi shop today. :o
Bit of a Muppet
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

I passed a Raptor last night (Thursday 6th June) on the A59 heading West from Gisburn. Followed it for a mile or so without twigging it was another Rap. It had panniers on I think. It was only when I overtook and saw the Cagiva logo on the tank that I realised it was a 'bro'.

Only had time to give a quick wave and then I was on my way. I turned of for Clitheroe a mile or so later and think he carried on.

Anyone here?
Mister_Ee
On the Road

Post by Mister_Ee »

Passed a red Raptor in Leeds on New Roadside in Horsforth today at about 4:30, I was going the opposite way on a silver Fazer
Fazer 1000, Raptor 1000, Bandit 1200, Bros 400, YZF 750
TLPower
On the Road

Post by TLPower »

Today I mainly spotted a silver Xtra Raptor in the bike park at Bike Safe in Doncaster.

Said motorcycle looked un-molested other than the addition of frame sliders. I think the registration began FE51...

As I was noseying around I noticed that the strap around the right hand can that covers the join between the carbon sleeve and the can had worked itself loose and was resting on the link pipe.

Not having a pen, I put a discarded Opal Fruit bag (or whatever they are called this week) onto the peg and brake pedal in the hope that this would draw the attention to the errant clip.

Ends.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

TLPower wrote:55 years agoToday I mainly spotted a silver Xtra Raptor in the bike park at Bike Safe in Doncaster.

Said motorcycle looked un-molested other than the addition of frame sliders. I think the registration began FE51...

As I was noseying around I noticed that the strap around the right hand can that covers the join between the carbon sleeve and the can had worked itself loose and was resting on the link pipe.

Not having a pen, I put a discarded Opal Fruit bag (or whatever they are called this week) onto the peg and brake pedal in the hope that this would draw the attention to the errant clip.

Ends.
Hope they noticed - mine came adrift too, most annoying rattle
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Saw a 2006 red normalle in Spondon today, its starting to get crowded round here :D
152/999
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

red v rap at silloth rock night and camp
Bit of a Muppet
Mister_Ee
On the Road

Post by Mister_Ee »

spotted a red/white/green vrap parked up at the Barton Bike Night last night, anybody else go?
Fazer 1000, Raptor 1000, Bandit 1200, Bros 400, YZF 750
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

That would have been Tony (Mighty Mariner) from Cleethorpes.

He used to frequent these hallowed pages quite a bit.
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Saw a silver Raptor in Langholm just North of the border this Sunday, mid-afternoon sometime. I wasn't on my Rap, so didn't wave (though I did nod). I was at the side of the road doing a map-check when it came past with some other racey bikes.

A few minutes later, I saw it parked outside a cafe in town. Wish I'd pulled in for a cuppa now - it was the last open cafe I saw all the way home! All the way from Glasgow to Lancashire, and the only open cafe we saw was there and Devils Bridge, and that looked like it was full of pillocks, so we didn't bother stopping.

Anyway, rant over. I don't think that the silver Rap was with the racey bikes because we pulled into a garage down the road and they all pulled in behind us. What a set of dicks. Sorry to use abusive language on a friendly forum, but what an absolute set of dicks.

Anyway, rant over.
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Bloomin' eck, I keep on seeing them everywhere!! :shock:

I saw one in my home town of Barnoldswick on Sunday. Think it was a 650. It was red and was following three other bikes which looked Triumph Adventure / Yamaha Tenere-ish. I was negotiating a roundabout so didn't have the luxury of being able to have a good luck.

Since I live in a place that isn't on the way to anywhere else, I can only presume that the bikes were either lost, or live locally. Anyone here?
HiFi
On the Road

Post by HiFi »

Spotted this fine example in Scallys, Weston-super-mare on Sunday 22nd June; hung about for ten minutes but the owner didn't make an appearance :blink:
http://tinypic.com/r/sxjel0/8