newbee from rochdale

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
raptornutt
On the Road

newbee from rochdale

Post by raptornutt »

Hi everyone new to bike and forum, the bar is now open!!!picked bike up 2 weeks ago only done about 60miles on it,so not been able to get a feel for her.the bike is a raptor 1000 2001(51) model it has done 15450 miles to date and has service history up to 14800 miles,its only done about 500 miles in last 5 years and 1 mile in last 12 months!!so a good clean and fluid change was recomended,ive read many posts on here which was very useful many thanks for them.the bike has a k&n air filter (already fitted and looks brand new)also had the airbox intakes removed is this the norm? also has some paint chipping on the footpeg hangers i believe this is quite common so i will be looking at getting these repainted (anyone got the correct colour coding?)i noticed a couple or small oil leaks one from the drain plug easy fix with new copper washer,but the worst was the clutch cover casing,so i drained the oil and stripped it cleaned it around the o ring and re fitted it and it was fine,changed oil and filter k&n filter with castrol racing oil,it has fantastic handling and brakes are spot on.o ee tas a newbee please feel free to move this post to correct area.

future mods;
please advise if you dont agree !!
1,stage 2 tale tidy (on ebay) 5,beowolf silencers
2,belly pan (skidmarks or Ricambi-Weiss dr404)will be painted to match bike! 6,gipro ATRE
3,bar end mirrors
4,power commander 3 usb
Attachments
cagiva.jpg
cagiva.jpg (71.08 KiB) Viewed 2953 times
snapdragon

Re: newbee from rochdale

Post by snapdragon »

You're in the right place :D welcome in - I'll have a pint of mead ta 8)

hmm answers (short ones as it's late) - snorkels/intakes sometimes, oil semi synth paint there's a list somewhere on here

Tis damn good innit? 8)

Enjoy
:revrev:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Hi welcome in. The clutch casing is common as the casing deforms with age, careful use of an silcone rtv gasket compound works. As for the mods go for it they sound good. And nice looking bike :ride:
Bit of a Muppet
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Welcome in, I would be tempted to put a new chain & sprockets and a pair of tyres high up on the list if it were mine.

The OE chains were OK, but once they started to go, they often failed.

Tyres don't like to be stood for too long.

I'll have a shot of Grappa please :D
152/999
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Miz wrote:55 years agoWelcome in, I would be tempted to put a new chain & sprockets and a pair of tyres high up on the list if it were mine.

The OE chains were OK, but once they started to go, they often failed.

Tyres don't like to be stood for too long.
-/-
Good Point Miz - if the original chain hasn't been replaced already that would have to be first job.
I'd hope it's already been changed for a decent item well before the bike's 15k miles.

and while I'm here I'll have a small mug of Acerglyn ta
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
raptor996
On the Road

Post by raptor996 »

Hi & welcome in. Ill have a pint of broardside please, & yes to the mods.
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Hi and welcome. I'll have a pint of virtual lager with you please.

Drop us a line if you ever venture to North/East Lancashire and I'll join you for a real one!

I've got one like yours, but in Red and with even less paint on the footrest hangers.
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

should there be paint on the footrest hangers? :lol:
Bit of a Muppet