new to raptors

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
matty1690
On the Road

new to raptors

Post by matty1690 »

I have bought a naked 1000 raptor 2001 I have rode other v twins and this does feel pretty sharp. I read in a forum today that the claimed 105bhp was at the wheel and not the crank anyone know for sure? Just curious :revrev:
weirdo
On the Road

Re: new to raptors

Post by weirdo »

Hello Matty, welcome to the Raptor Chapter.
Legend has it that Suzuki claim 124 gee gees at the crank of the TL1000s, and Cagiva 105 at the rear wheel.
We do share a massive amount with the TL powerplant wise, but different throttle bodies, mapping, exhausts etc. make for a slightly different beastie on the road .
Hope that answers your question.

John Smiths for me please :thumbsup:
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

weirdo wrote:55 years agoHello Matty, welcome to the Raptor Chapter.
Legend has it that Suzuki claim 124 gee gees at the crank of the TL1000s, and Cagiva 105 at the rear wheel.
We do share a massive amount with the TL powerplant wise, but different throttle bodies, mapping, exhausts etc. make for a slightly different beastie on the road .
Hope that answers your question.

John Smiths for me please :thumbsup:
True, the biggest noticeable difference between the tl and cagiva is the way it delivers its power. HP wise there's not really much in it, the 1997 first TL1000S produced the most power of all and then they tamed down later models. Later model tls also got revised fuelling,6 bolt clutches like our cagivas and i think they revised the valves after 1997. Seems this taming continued with the raptor to produce a reasonabally smooth ride through the revs , as you would expect with no ram air its going to be a different beast. Surprisingly i found the later model SV1000 had more grunt than the Cagiva, it had bigger tbs at 54mm. I could rave about this for hours , anyway to answer first question,yes 104 was rwhp and not at crank. You can bump that up easily simply with a better flowing exhaust. Just m.02c :) fwiw the tbs on the cagiva and tl are the same,it was only sv1000 where they changed ,early model sv1000 got 52mm ,still bigget than tl , and later model 05+ sv1000 got 54mm tbs,but the motor on the sv1000 is a slightly different motor to the cagiva and tl. You could not swap an sv motor in to a tl or vice versa , also sv got forged pistons unlike the tl , oh and welcome Matty ,great bike, a bit underated!
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Welcome in matty, these blokes know what they're talking about, I just know mine is a whole heap of fun! I'll have a long flat white with a shot of kahlua, thanks.
And please post pix :photo:
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Welcome. :mrgreen:
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

hi i know nothing about the numbers i just know it tries to dislocate my shoulder every time i give it some.
Bit of a Muppet
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

shedmonkey wrote:55 years agohi i know nothing about the numbers i just know it tries to dislocate my shoulder every time i give it some.
Nod nod, and it makes me grin!

Sent from my iPad using Technical magic
Twisted Tequila Sister