new boy

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
cowelly
On the Road

new boy

Post by cowelly »

I've had about 6 TL1000S's over the years but have not had one for about 6 or 7 years now. I've managed to fill that time with a plethora of other bikes Aprillia rsv r mille, Ktm superduke R, gsxr 1000 and a ton of old beemers but I've just sold my old 1974 Triumph trident and figured I need another V twin to get me over that. Managed to find a 1000 V raptor locally so I feel I'm now in the gang. Be good to chat to people in the know about it.
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Re: new boy

Post by Crap Tartan »

welcome in, good choice and we love to see pics of bike and are happy to chat about anything really.
nil illigitimae carborundum
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Welcome in. :revrev:
Twisted Tequila Sister
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

Hello mate, welcome in. Hopefully after your previous experiences with TLs you'll enjoy your Rap.

Where abouts are you from?
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
cowelly
On the Road

Post by cowelly »

Glastonbury near Bristol if yer around any time. Been out on the raptor today for the first decent ride after oil and filter change and a damn good looking over. Little snatchy in low revs, especially 1st gear corners so I guess an injector balance is gonna happen soon
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Welcome. I'm sure you will enjoy the Rap. :D
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Welcome in :D nothing quite like a V twin
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
keithy
On the Road

Post by keithy »

good choice of bike had a tls aswell
Dazzle
On the Road

Post by Dazzle »

Cheers - Welcome on board. I'm a noob too - great bike & really great, helpful & friendly forum... :nod:
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Yup, what they all said, sounds like you should both be in good hands, I'll take a second pint of iced tea while you get busy with your camera... :P
:beer: :photo:
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

cowelly wrote:55 years agoI've had about 6 TL1000S's over the years but have not had one for about 6 or 7 years now. I've managed to fill that time with a plethora of other bikes Aprillia rsv r mille, Ktm superduke R, gsxr 1000 and a ton of old beemers but I've just sold my old 1974 Triumph trident and figured I need another V twin to get me over that. Managed to find a 1000 V raptor locally so I feel I'm now in the gang. Be good to chat to people in the know about it.
Hi mate, you will already be well versed on the tl engine then, a good start :happyhappy: What better progression coming from tl's to a cagiva 8)
cowelly
On the Road

Post by cowelly »

Still loving it. A tadge weavy at around 110 and really jerky at 3000rpm. Just done the tps (way out) and set the throttle bodies which were surprisingly balanced. Hopefully should be smoother but I think a charging mod might be in order soo. See what happens! :wink: