Buying a Raptor 1000

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
Sheepracer
On the Road

Buying a Raptor 1000

Post by Sheepracer »

Just sold my 98 4XV R1 after test riding a 2003 raptor. Used to race an sv650 and loved the twin. I have narrowed my search down to two bikes and have a dilemma
. Both are from dealers so overpriced- there's a red 2004 model for £2700 from thunderroad in Bridgend with 6 months warranty- or a 2003 silver one in Ramsgate with 8000 miles for £2500 delivered but with 1 month warranty.

What do you all suggest??
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: Buying a Raptor 1000

Post by shebee »

If at all possible i would go and look at them , actually i wouldn't... i would go and look at one of them, go buyer lust blind and have it anyway... So Preferably take a nominated grown up with you. :ride:
Twisted Tequila Sister
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Silver. They're the best!

On a side note, I've just had mine put back together and had an extensive mot.
My speedo is reading mph correctly, both at wheel and clock, but odometer is reading km, there's a sticker over it. Always has been. Just thought it was a reminder it's mph, which it is for speed.. .
My Raptor has done less miles than we thought lol. Tiz a baby!!
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Sheepracer
On the Road

Post by Sheepracer »

Well against my better judgement bought the one in Kent blind- being delivered to my door. Garage reviews online are good plus he's been trading for 20yrs. I'll post a pic when it arrives
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Well against my better judgement bought the one in Kent blind- being delivered to my door. Garage reviews online are good plus he's been trading for 20yrs. I'll post a pic when it arrives
NIce ! :)

Prompted by this thread I had a little mooch around ebay and I also thought this one looked to be the best bet. It seems to be pretty much standard which is another way of saying it hasn't been buggered around and it comes at a fair price. Do you know the make of the after market exhausts?

Might be wise to spend some garage time copper slipping any nut/bolt needed for maintainance. I'd left mine laid up in a garage and one of the front axle pinch bolts needed to be drilled out & I fear two others on the near side footrest hanger will have to go the same way.

Welcome & enjoy

Andy B
Sheepracer
On the Road

Post by Sheepracer »

[img][[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/b11kor/2016-02/Screenshot_2016-02-27-11-44-32.png[/img]img]

Here she is- being delivered tomorrow- gonna change those awful can for the originals until I decide on a new pair! Hope you like
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

congratulations :D
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Tikka
On the Road

Post by Tikka »

Congratulations :thumbsup: