Slightly damaged V Raptor

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
nlw
On the Road

Slightly damaged V Raptor

Post by nlw »

Hello everyone, hopefully I posting this in the Virtual Bar if I am then it's drinks on me today and if not it will be when I get to the Bar.
Just bought a 2001 V Raptor as a cat C write off but it's really not breaking time yet for this bike.Bought a few bits from e-bay and the resurrection has begun but can't find a left footrest/exhaust hanger bracket anywhere any tips on places to find one would be much appreciated.
Also the motor runs fine but sounds a bit tappety, is that normal for these engine, or is a shim job needed?
Thanks for reading and Hello again.
V4mp
On the Road

Re: Slightly damaged V Raptor

Post by V4mp »

nlw wrote:55 years agoHello everyone, hopefully I posting this in the Virtual Bar if I am then it's drinks on me today and if not it will be when I get to the Bar.
Just bought a 2001 V Raptor as a cat C write off but it's really not breaking time yet for this bike.Bought a few bits from e-bay and the resurrection has begun but can't find a left footrest/exhaust hanger bracket anywhere any tips on places to find one would be much appreciated.
Also the motor runs fine but sounds a bit tappety, is that normal for these engine, or is a shim job needed?
Thanks for reading and Hello again.
I might have footrests for sale... Is there anything else you might need?
Check http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtop ... =19&t=4604
I'm selling more stuff after I've my rebuild done.
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Tappetty? I think that's one of the "they all do that sir"

sadly all my spare peg/can hangers have be re-homed but they do turn up on breakers and €bay at times - and some here have fitted rear sets to replace the original set up

p.s. Welcome in :D
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
nlw
On the Road

Post by nlw »

Thanks for the replies,I could also use a seat and a couple of exhausts although they are useable at the moment but it looks like the bike slid on its seat at some point(not the cowl the actual seat),but its the footrest hanger thats literally left my exhaust hanging :(
I can't seem to view that link, maybe because I'm new here but please let me know if you do decide to sell yours.
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Welcome to the asylum!

Tappety is what they all sound like, dont worry!

You can get into the classified section once you have 5 posts, so you are nearly there!

Good luck with your search and since we are in the bar a breakfast bloody mary sounds good... Its got vitamins in! :D
Twisted Tequila Sister
nlw
On the Road

Post by nlw »

Thanks for that I thought mine might of needed a little engine work. :thumbsup:
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Seat? is the base/foundation and side pods damaged or is it just the fabric/foam? Because you can get an upholsterer to fix or replace the cover and foam, or get one of those seat covers that they sell on €bay, you'll need a heavy duty craft stapler/staple gun thing
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

nlw wrote:55 years agoThanks for the replies,I could also use a seat and a couple of exhausts although they are useable at the moment but it looks like the bike slid on its seat at some point(not the cowl the actual seat),but its the footrest hanger thats literally left my exhaust hanging :(
I can't seem to view that link, maybe because I'm new here but please let me know if you do decide to sell yours.
Couple of exhausts mean pair of mufflers? ;)
nlw
On the Road

Post by nlw »

Yeh a pair of carbon mufflers mine are both scuffed a bit.Can I ask,are you still waiting for your OEM order?I am,placed it 23rd March and heard nothing so far.
nlw
On the Road

Post by nlw »

Thanks for the Seat advice.The base is cracked/split and the cover is split but I could fibreglass the base easily enough as it's not seen then fit a new cover but I'm always looking for the quick swap with a good one method where possible. :D
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

nlw wrote:55 years agoYeh a pair of carbon mufflers mine are both scuffed a bit.Can I ask,are you still waiting for your OEM order?I am,placed it 23rd March and heard nothing so far.
I could sell you mufflers too. ;)

I haven't heard either, mine is placed 3rd March.
Quote from OEM Motorparts
"What is the expected delivery time.
Delivery times after recieving the payment.
- Cagiva parts : 10-20 working days"
nlw
On the Road

Post by nlw »

Oh,seems OEM are working outside the 20 days then :( can't be much longer.
I'm in the UK I'm guessing your not as the word Muffler isn't used much here so shipping may be hefty on a pair.But are yours carbon and scuff free?Also the footrest hanger is that definitely for sale can't see shipping being bad for that unless your in Australia that is.
nlw
On the Road

Post by nlw »

Finland right just noticed :doh: well that's not too far although I wouldn't want to walk it.
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

nlw wrote:55 years agoOh,seems OEM are working outside the 20 days then :( can't be much longer.
I'm in the UK I'm guessing your not as the word Muffler isn't used much here so shipping may be hefty on a pair.But are yours carbon and scuff free?Also the footrest hanger is that definitely for sale can't see shipping being bad for that unless your in Australia that is.
They are "carbon" and in pretty good condition, I can take better pictures and weigh them.
nlw
On the Road

Post by nlw »

Yes please do any idea on price?Your bike certainly looks a thing of beauty mind, just been checking your pics :toocool: