New Raptor 650 IE owner from Oz (Australia that is)

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
grahamhb
On the Road

New Raptor 650 IE owner from Oz (Australia that is)

Post by grahamhb »

Hi All,

Great to belong to the Raptor Chapter. I have been riding since 1970 (yes, I am ancient) and recently purchased a 10/2005 Raptor 650 IE at an auction as a "repairable write off". Main cost has been the purchase of a new front wheel, which interestingly came from England - there are not that many Raptors in Oz it appears. Its now ready for the road ( I have taken it for a few short rides) but am awaiting a mandatory inspection to verify the repairs are as per manufacturers specifications and to verify the VIN. I have my 2008 Triumph Street Triple on the market - a great bike, very quick but I have never been truly happy with it. The Raptor is a much better fit for me.

My first bike was a Yamaha 180 and then very quickly moved to a G12 CSR Matchless ... wish I had kept it now!

I live in Ocean Grove which is about 90km West of Melbourne, Victoria and about 30kms from the Great Ocean Road and the Otway Ranges ... some great rides there.

Cheers!
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: New Raptor 650 IE owner from Oz (Australia that is)

Post by shebee »

Welcome in, we do have a few other antipodeans here but geography was never my strong point so i have no idea if anyone is close by! :shock: :revrev:
Twisted Tequila Sister
Anakist
On the Road

Post by Anakist »

Welcome. Always good to hear of another colonist!

Shebee, I am ~2100km (1300 miles) away from where he is. There is another Raptor about 600km away from me as well. We are a bloody big country!

James
grahamhb
On the Road

Post by grahamhb »

Thanks for the welcome. Only 2100km ... Northern Queensland? Are there only 3 of us?
Cheers,
Graham
Anakist
On the Road

Post by Anakist »

Not even North Qld. Central. I am in Rockhampton. Biggest dot when the Tropic of Capricorn runs off east into the sea.

There are only three that I know of. Although possibly a few down your way that I have only vague memories of.

James
Tikka
On the Road

Post by Tikka »

They are very rare. I never met an other v raptor 1000 owner in the netherlands but there must be around 45 in the netherlands. Outside europe they seems to be even less on the road