Hi from Essex

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
geoff
Knight of the realm

Re: Hi from Essex

Post by geoff »

Thanks CT, I thought if I make then up over length before doing the conversion, it will speed it up on the day, I might have to turn the spindle a little on the thead end to relieve the shoulder back a bit, I will find out on the day, but that will be a 5 minute job if needed. :)
seanax
On the Road

Post by seanax »

Looking good cant wait to see them fitted
geoff
Knight of the realm

Post by geoff »

Thanks Sean, me too, just got to find a spare day and they are going on. :)
geoff
Knight of the realm

Post by geoff »

I painted the yamaha blue spot callipers, fitted new seas and cleaned up the pistons, so I'm ready to fit the forks now, I should get time next week between work to hang the bike from my digger and get the swap done, just need to decide how I'm going to bleed the new brakes, I might support them higher up than their mounting points to help get air out once the fluid reaches them, I'm also prepared to go with a different master cylendar if I find I need, though I suspect the stock one will work ok.

I will take a few pics as I do the swap, not that it's a complex looking job, but more for fun and comparison of looks, though it's the adjustment and a good front end im swapping for. :)
geoff
Knight of the realm

Post by geoff »

Today I refurbished my gear lever assembly, with new actuator arm, and phosphur bronze bushings to the gear lever, as it was a sloppy worn mechanism, it's so smooth and precise now it a revelation. :D

Clutch and brake levers next on the agenda...
Attachments
IMG-20160626-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20160626-WA0001.jpg (164.16 KiB) Viewed 3154 times
IMG-20160626-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20160626-WA0000.jpg (127.88 KiB) Viewed 3154 times
IMG-20160626-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20160626-WA0002.jpg (111.14 KiB) Viewed 3154 times
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Brilliant, are you coming to Lincon gathering and taking orders? Xx :wink:
Twisted Tequila Sister
geoff
Knight of the realm

Post by geoff »

I would love to come to Lincoln, I'm not sure if I can as it coincide with work, I contract out to other companies.

I might well look it making a few kits for the gear change, it was fairly simple on mine, and gave a great improve,enter in feel.

I shall take some measurements and see if it's something easy to do without looking at the individual bike parts. :)