Wheels wheels skewbald wheels

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
snapdragon

Wheels wheels skewbald wheels

Post by snapdragon »

Rap has been valeted, well I only wanted her a bit clean to go for mot next month, but while the muck was scrubbed off(not by me of course, I don't do dat) paint disappeared too, ok lack of paint on the rad and oil cooler I can cope with, but wheels I worry, so now planning how in the world to get them off and stripped off and delivered to some clever wheely coating place.... without having the gear or space
Hohum

Wheel shaped cocktails all round or I'll be drinking alone
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
norrie
On the Road

Re: Wheels wheels skewbald wheels

Post by norrie »

If only I lived close I could help you out. Is there no powder coaters that will take them out the bike paint/powder coat and put them back in for you? Check with your local bike shop although I bet it won't be cheap. The other option is try and pick up a second hand pair of wheels.
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

No local bike shop sadly Norrie, a local powdercoaters or three, but mainly industrial stuff.
SnappY
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Does nobody do tyres for bikes local? Normally they will have the facilities tobtake wheels off. The tyres will need to come off anyway to paint or powdercoat. You have to remove the bearings as well to powdercoat.
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Yes I know the requirements Norrie, I had some done on the italjet scooters but had a contact through work back then
Pal with the equipment then isn't on hand now
Unfortunately my tyre place is twenty miles east and the coaters are four miles west
I'll ask around locally ..
SnappY
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

I guess that's the disadvantage of living in Darkest Wiltshire: there was me thinking you might be in the Outer HeeBrides! Taking wheels out, stripping them and rebuilding/replacing them is certainly not something to be given as a job to anyone you don't trust 100%. Gotta be some Good Wiltshirians in your vicinity?

Nick
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Not found any Nickst
SnappY
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Well, I do know of an excellent powder-coaters down in Essex, to whom I'll take my ST4 wheels when I finally can't stand the scruffy paint and slow rim-leaks. If your Raptor was to rock up outside my home in Norfolk the job would be a good 'un, but that all sounds a lot more geograhically-complicated than ought to be necessary...

Nick
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

:lol: yep, bit of a trek
IF only I had a clue it might help eh? Currently I've no idea where to start (no change there then :pinch: :doh: )
SnappY