Hi, new member

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
Mark5290

Hi, new member

Post by Mark5290 »

Hi, new member here saying hello.

I have just put a down a deposit on an Xtra-Raptor, number 413 and was wondering if this was anyone's old bike on here or does anyone know anything about this bike, some info about the upgrades over a normal V-Raptor would be appreciated as well.

One thing I have noticed from the pictures is that the Xtra-Raptor decal on the fuel tank is bigger and longer than other Xtra-Raptors I have seen on google images.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/bikes-for ... 0/3476804/

Regards,

Mark.
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Re: Hi, new member

Post by Crap Tartan »

Dont reckon they are original decals on the tank so would guess its been repaired/resprayed at some point.
Very low mileage on it too?
Where you buying from and what do you know of its history?
nil illigitimae carborundum
Dapper dan
On the Road

Post by Dapper dan »

Hi there.
I've got an xtra...saved mine up from a salvage yard.

Id say your tank has been redone as the graphics are large...I've got some spare small ones if your a purist.

Also your mirrors look like v raptor type. .xtra raps are rectangular and are also pretty useless.
I had to scour the universe looking for bits for mine...got most from Australia. .....
Was the price on the advert the price you paid??? I think it's super cheap for the mileage....it's such a rare bike!
You can always earn more money, you cant earn more time! :thumbsup:
Fazerstun
Crockery Monitor

Post by Fazerstun »

Eh up. Welcome in. Can't help with the rest cos I are brain dead today :?
I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings. I am a drunk, we go to parties.
Mark5290

Post by Mark5290 »

Hi, thanks for the welcome.
Crap Tartan wrote: 6 years ago Where you buying from and what do you know of its history?
I am buying the bike from the trader in the link I posted, I think they are called in2moto based in Warrington and I know nothing about the bikes history apart from a clear HPI report and Previous MOT's/services to back up the mileage.
Dapper dan wrote: 6 years ago Was the price on the advert the price you paid??? I think it's super cheap for the mileage....it's such a rare bike!
I have not bought the bike yet, all I have done is left a small holding deposit until I can get over there and look at the bike.

I am having second thoughts now because of the wrong decals/possible tank respray, wrong mirrors and difficulty in sourcing parts.
Mark5290

Post by Mark5290 »

Hi, I have got my deposit back on the Bike and I am no longer buying it, main reason is all the reviews I have read say it has an aggressive riding position and I have a damaged disc in my back, so I tried a normal V-Raptor locally and I found it uncomfortable.

If anyone else is interested in the bike it is still for sale, you can also PM me as I have done a HPI check on the bike.
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

That's a shame as it's a lovely looking bike. It's very easy to damage the tank just by dropping it so the respray wouldn't bother me. As for the aggressive riding position I didn't think it was in fact quite upright but if you don't find it comfortable there's no point.
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
Dapper dan
On the Road

Post by Dapper dan »

Ah..what a shame....if you'd taken it for a ride you'd never of given the keys back!😓
You can always earn more money, you cant earn more time! :thumbsup: