High mileage raptors

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
Daervey

High mileage raptors

Post by Daervey »

I have owned my raptor for 8 years now. In that time I have covered more than 80,000 miles. Are there any more high mileage raptors out there?
snapdragon

Re: High mileage raptors

Post by snapdragon »

That's a good number you have there, what year's the bike, and what's the total?
Oh, and welcome in :D

Edit, mine's high miles too
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Welcome indeed, from a relatively-new Raptor owner!

It'd be interesting to hear of your history with the bike, including what mods you might have made to really gel with it. One sees so many ads for what look like nice newish bikes of various brands that have only done a few hundred miles, but I guess they represent the triumph of hope over reality because bikes often don't deliver what the rider really needs or can live with. 80K on the same machine really gets my respect, especially on a machine like the awesome Raptor! :thumbsup:

Nick
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Daervey wrote: 6 years ago I have owned my raptor for 8 years now. In that time I have covered more than 80,000 miles. Are there any more high mileage raptors out there?
Latest number on mine last time I looked was 109109, I've had her about fifteen years.
SnappY
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

I'm a mere beginner @ 35k - still being used at 1k per month so it'll only be 3 years or so before I catch up !
Raptoress
On the Road

Post by Raptoress »

Hi, I live in sunny Queensland, Australia.

I bought my Rappie with 32,000kms on it, Ive had it 4yrs, and it now has over 130,000kms.

it has had a few temperamental moments, but has never let me down and still goes like a new bike :D

Hubby has checked the shims regularly, but none have been changed as yet. (he's a bike mechanic)
There is no better high, than a good days riding !

Raptor 1000
Z1R
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

More respect! And yet another enthusiastic distaff owner! Do we have a breakdown of gender for this group, or is that not a PC thing to record or, indeed, ask about? Still fascinates me, but I'm just an old and increasingly-crusty geezer who associates bikes with flat caps, roll-ups and dirty fingernails... :pilot:

Nick
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

nickst4 wrote: 6 years ago More respect! And yet another enthusiastic distaff owner! Do we have a breakdown of gender for this group, or is that not a PC thing to record or, indeed, ask about? Still fascinates me, but I'm just an old and increasingly-crusty geezer who associates bikes with flat caps, roll-ups and dirty fingernails... :pilot:

Nick
I don't think it's required on the joining page and
I have never counted them Nick, but I reckon we may be nearly evens.
it amuses me when 'old geezers' are surprised at female riders I reckon it's mainly that they see bikes and riders and make assumptions about the sex of the rider.
Raptoress wrote: 6 years ago Hi, I live in sunny Queensland, Australia.

I bought my Rappie with 32,000kms on it, Ive had it 4yrs, and it now has over 130,000kms.

it has had a few temperamental moments, but has never let me down and still goes like a new bike :D

Hubby has checked the shims regularly, but none have been changed as yet. (he's a bike mechanic)
Looks like your rappie has plenty of exercise Raptoress. Brilliant!
SnappY
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

If we are about evens on gender here, then that is amazing! Not seen that before on any biking forum, or at least the non-male people keep very very quiet. Personally, the two things that make life worth living for me are motorbikes and ladies, in no particular order. I mean; blokes are OK but...

I'll shut up now, shall I? :roll:

Nick
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Yeah quit while you're winning Nick.

Back in the mists of the beginnings of bike forums it was always circumspect to avoid identifying as female to avoid the twin pains of being hit on and not being taken seriously when talking engines.

Here in the Raptor Chapter we're an equal opportunities forum, basically we don't care who you are, what you are, what you do for work, if you work, or if you play too little or too hard, just as long as you bring your sense of humour, knowledge and love of bikes, and particularly raptors and v twins to the forum that'll do :ride: :revrev: :D :thumbsup: :dance:
SnappY
Raptoress
On the Road

Post by Raptoress »

She sure does get exercised Snapdragon !
We live in a beautiful part of the world, even tho it can get cold in some areas during winter, it's still easy enough to tough it out.

Hubby still has his first bike we bought together, it has had several sets of gauges so original mileage is unknown, but going by the fact that I have ridden 3 bikes to over 100,000kms, we reckon his bike has done well over 300,000kms with only one rebuild. We bought it in 1996.

It is an old Kawasaki Z1100, 1982.

Now that I have my "forever" bike, I hope it can match that, so far so good 😁
There is no better high, than a good days riding !

Raptor 1000
Z1R
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

After a bit of a glitch with my computerised technicality I'm allowed back on forums wahay! :whistle:

To announce
(being a tart and all, plus it's the only thing I can brag about)

That The Rappy :revrev: has exceeded the very pretty 111111 on the clocks, now it's 112012. I do take pics but no idea how to attach from my ancient tech phone.
Passed her MOT with an advisory for a rear tyre

Next expense will probably be brake pads. The Scottoiler appears to be failing so requires a looking at or replacement :ride:
..¿ .. and maybe a new type of luggage system...?..maybe

Oh yes and the next person to tell me to buy a new bike is gonna get poked in the eye with a sharp stick.. damned heathens :duel:
SnappY
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Orsum! :thumbsup:

Nick