Nowt to do with raptors

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
Dapper dan
On the Road

Nowt to do with raptors

Post by Dapper dan »

Just a quick story.....

I've been after a certain Audi for a while and one popped up on ebay.....so after a bit of haggling we agreed a deal..only hitch to the deal was I live in Devon and the car was for sale in Manchester.

So book a flight as it was £40 cheaper than taking a train and 3 1/2 hours quicker...so that was a no brainer!
(Flight got delayed by 2 hours due to a part malfunction)
The plane was a propeller job...never been on one before...quite disturbing sitting next to a huge cabbage slicer outside your window)

Anyway turn up at Manchester airport...matey picks me up in the Audi...all looking good, I take it for a drive..all.good....have a decent look around it....I'm all happy and say ok let's sign the paper work and I'll transfer the money straight into your account.

Then I get....".oh, well er ..you see I've been in contact with two other ebayers who are offering me more and I don't want to let the car go for what we agreed......."
Can you believe this????? In my book a deal is a deal!
Now bearing in mind I'm miles away from home..no idea where I am in Manchester..and it looked a rough area...I was kinda over a barrel.....plus I really wanted the car...but not enough to cut my nose off to spite my face.....
I walked around the car again..(spitting bullets under my breath) I said I would pay you £150 more....and I advised in very very certain terms that I strongly advise you take it! (Eyeballing a nice brick lying in the yard)

5 hrs later I was home with an awesome car.

Some people are right shits....!
You can always earn more money, you cant earn more time! :thumbsup:
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: Nowt to do with raptors

Post by shebee »

That really pisses me of when they do that... years ago we did a bike deal on the phone and drove 250 miles up,the motorway after work in our ex council mini van... we arrived deaf and battered to discover he had sold it to a local bloke cos he thought we mignt not show up :suspect:

Still you got your new toy... enjoy xx
Twisted Tequila Sister
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Hmmm; a certain resonance with that situation! I recently sold my Mk1 Yamaha TR1 on ebay and, because I thought there was a good chance it would be butchered into yet another 'cafe racer', I accepted an offer of fractionally over my reserve several days before the end from a chap who convinced me he was trying to replace a much-loved bike he'd had years before. I'm sure he was genuine, but once I'd closed the auction I was beset by others, many apparently equally genuine, who said they would have bid £hundreds more at the finish!

I mentioned this politely to the buyer when he came to collect but, not surprisingly, he didn't feel able to add a sweetener to the deal. Some you win, some you don't so much, and the future life of the bike as Yamaha designed it was a major priority to me. :roll:

So, as a long-time Audi devotee, I'm keen to hear what model it was that you bagged? Summat a bit flashier than my much-loved A4 Avant 1.9TDI Sport I'll bet...

Nick
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

much-loved A4 Avant 1.9TDI Sport I'll bet...
or 180K A2 1.4 TDI I'll bet.....
Dapper dan
On the Road

Post by Dapper dan »

Just sold my audi a3 1.9tdie. ..which tbh was an absolute great little car. 30 a year to tax, about 55 average mpg..lovely thing!😓

Now have a silver 5 door A5 3.0tdi....only 115 a year to tax..pretty good good mpg....8 speed auto box....after working all week driving a van here there and everywhere it's nice to have vehicle that you just have to point in the right direction and it does it all itself....plus the heated seat is great for my back!😂
You can always earn more money, you cant earn more time! :thumbsup:
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Dapper dan wrote: 6 years ago Just sold my audi a3 1.9tdie. ..which tbh was an absolute great little car. 30 a year to tax, about 55 average mpg..lovely thing!😓

Now have a silver 5 door A5 3.0tdi....only 115 a year to tax..pretty good good mpg....8 speed auto box....after working all week driving a van here there and everywhere it's nice to have vehicle that you just have to point in the right direction and it does it all itself....plus the heated seat is great for my back!😂
Verrry smart! :thumbsup: Can't understand how you get to pay less road-tax than I do on a bigger engine powered by the currently-evil diesel fuel, but I guess there's a reason. And 8 speeds in the auto box on a torque monster like that? Sexy shape though. The car, that is: dunno about you! :haha:

Nick, various bikes but a 230K A4 tdi for when it's necessary.
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

I would have told him to take a hike. :naughty:
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!