Drinks are on me :)

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
HiFi
On the Road

Drinks are on me :)

Post by HiFi »

Have just said goodbye to my trusty yr2000 V-rap.......... But have just put down deposit on a lovely yr2007 X-rap (number 413/999) :D Drinks are on me :mrgreen:
snapdragon

Re: Drinks are on me :)

Post by snapdragon »

Cheers HiFi, :drunk: :drunk: (wherever did the beer emoti go?) Congratulations :dance:
Edit... .. There it is :beer: :beer:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :ride: I'll have an absinthe in an espresso... with a cherry... hold the umbrella :woot:
Twisted Tequila Sister
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Cool. 8)
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
HiFi
On the Road

Post by HiFi »

It's finally arrived (this morning)!

susibee
On the Road

Post by susibee »

Awesome!
Looks in good nick too :thumbsup:
Hope you have many miles together :D
susibee
On the Road

Post by susibee »

Oops!
Many HAPPY miles together :ride:
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Very nice. I like it a lot. :thumbsup:
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

:thumbsup: :revrev:
Twisted Tequila Sister
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

I just noticed this ,very nice and clean, how does it compare with your old rap handling,motor wise? Did you get the small carbon plate holder with it? I saw one on ebay a little while ago,almost bought it. I think they would be hard to find.
HiFi
On the Road

Post by HiFi »

Hi Ozzraptor I didn't get anything else with it but I was thinking of some extra (Xtra?) carbon bits from here if they still make them: http://www.emotouk.com/cagiva/carbon.htm
I think a number plate holder and front mudguard in carbon would be a nice addition.
I've got some other problems to resolve right now though (see other thread) some idiot put a tank sealer in the fuel tank and it's all coming loose.
I expected riding it to be similar to the V-rap but I couldn't have been more wrong.
It has different gearing so it revs way easier. As a wimp I hardly ever got past 6000 on the V but this one revs so quickly I'm up to 8 or 9 before I know it. The seating position is much higher too, kind of on top instead of dropped in. Feels much more lively because of it. Catches the wind more on the motorway. And I'm not yet used to the steering damper. It feels reluctant to turn but then it does anyway!
In all I've had a naked Rap, a V-rap and now an X-rap and each and every one has been so different to ride.
I think the naked had been badly treated by it's previous owner and was basically knackered so it was all broken and loose. The V-rap was spot on: fast, wicked brakes, light and easy to ride, this one is like learning all over again.
It's nice to be part of the enthusiast's group though something about these great little bikes digs deep into your subconscious and doesn't let go!
[just checked on "howmanyleft" and it says there's only 2 X-raps on the road in the UK, a few more SORNed]
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

That's really interesting, that there would be that much difference between the models, i know the suspension is different on the xrap, didn't really think there would be much in it for the gearing. Sorry to hear about the tank , looks like you may be in for a new fuel cell, not sure i would trust cleaning the old one out and getting rid of all that crap in there ? I don't know why people use that stuff! Check the damper itself with the front end up, make sure its not binding anywhere , should be a tiny bit loose lock to lock and not have any really tight spots ,big mistake is over tightening those delicate alloy brackets, this is something dealers would tend to do more because they are a bit ham fisted. Yes i always thought the xrap gearing is way too low, comletely different to riding a suzuki tl hence the reason i am going to try 17/39 ,i don't like the raptors 16/40 imho.
You haven't had the xtra rap very long, any chance of getting anything back for a new fuel cell, warranty ?
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

[quote=ozzraptor post_id=37834 time=1507943744 user_id=3885]
"Sorry to hear about the tank , looks like you may be in for a new fuel cell, not sure i would trust cleaning the old one out and getting rid of all that crap in there ? I don't know why people use that stuff! "

Because they want to protect the inside against ethanol-containing fuel. If left standing long enough, not only does it swell the tank but it degrades the interior and 'poisons' the fuel so it clogs the delivery system, especially with carburated engines. Two of my Cagivas have needed treatment so far, so this is no third-hand rumour!

Nick
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Ah ok thanks for that , yes i don't touch that ethanol 94 mixture for the sake of a few cents but if its all you can get thats a different matter!
Dapper dan
On the Road

Post by Dapper dan »

Nice X rap...I've got one as well !

Interested on your comments regarding the difference between v rap and x rap.

I find the seat is higher on the x rap and it is a different riding style.

My old v rap used to launch the front wheel really easily, but I find the x rap doesn't want to get on up as much.

I've not checked the sprocket size so can't tell if that is a factor or my x rap is down on power.
Going to put a k/n filter on and see if that picks if up a bit. Might even just be the added pounds over the front created by the different riding position
You can always earn more money, you cant earn more time! :thumbsup: