Gloomy, rainy, dark, not great for riding :(

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
HiFi
On the Road

Gloomy, rainy, dark, not great for riding :(

Post by HiFi »

It's gloomy, rainy and dark here in the UK. Just horrible. After a rubbish day at work a blast on the back roads would be just the tonic but it's more or less impossible. So take a little time to have a virtual drink in the bar, tell the friendly bar staff your troubles and plan the Winter upgrades. Maybe I'll have a seasonal mulled cider and formulate a plan to strip the bodywork off the X, tidy it all up a bit and check it over properly. And do the 17/39 sprocket change. Should be enough to keep me out of trouble! Cheers, HF.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Re: Gloomy, rainy, dark, not great for riding :(

Post by ozzraptor »

Thanks mate , i will have one for the road too, oops maybe not, a couple of beers wouldn't go astray though ! We have round 35c today so its :revrev: I just finished that sprocket combo except i went 38(TLS) i think 17/39 is better for overall chain / sprocket wear.I cant believe cagiva went with that terrible eom 16/40 combo :doh: When you do that sprocket change you don't need to remove anything except the sprocket cover , sprocket nut/locking nut and that little return spring. I read somewhere here a need to remove cables etc and the clutch actuator thingy,the one with all those little ball bearings that usually go everywhere :doh: , you can get away with wiggling the sprocket out without having to remove any of that other clutch stuff/cables etc. :beer:
susibee
On the Road

Post by susibee »

That's too much weather info thank you very much :angry:
We have 93 ft of rain and 347mph winds at the moment (at least that's what it feels like :lol: )

35c, us Brits would still complain!!!!

Enjoy :ride:
susibee
On the Road

Post by susibee »

Edited to add,

:cold:
HiFi
On the Road

Post by HiFi »

35 degrees, really, lol how do you cope :shock: so jealous!
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Post by Aussiejoe »

The temperature forecast where I am for the next 7 days :nerner:
weather forecast.jpg
weather forecast.jpg (15.73 KiB) Viewed 3839 times
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

It's gloomy, rainy and dark here in the UK. Just horrible. After a rubbish day at work a blast on the back roads would be just the tonic..... So take a little time to have a virtual drink in the bar, tell the friendly bar staff your troubles and plan the Winter upgrades.
Cheers, scotch & water for me. No real trouble but I reckon the reg/rec may be playing up again... :( see comment on battery thread. Still using him daily mind and yes it's not the best of weather but still possible to have a giggle as long as you're wrapped up warm & toastie.

But on the bright side I've finally got my rs in gear and have begun looking into resurrecting the 'ol Duke. Well, I've bought a detailed restoration manual and am making a list.... but hey, you've gotta start somewhere.

The temperature forecast where I am for the next 7 days is: 6/5 (max/min c), 9/3 (scorchio!), 6/1, 5/0, 5/1 & 6/1 but it'll feel like -1/-2...