help newby

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
kris1905
On the Road

help newby

Post by kris1905 »

hi everyone i,ve recently swaped my zx6r for a 2002 raptor 1000 i love the bike but feel its got lots more to offer so i need some help with a few questions please
1,what are the benifits of diconecting the pair valves
2, are the snorkels the plastics infills at the side of the frame that go it to the air box
3,i,ve had some jack plates made 2 sets made 25mm and 30mm any one got any views on the best one to use
4,i got 2 sets of exhaust the standard steel set and a set off carbon xtra raptor the carbon ones do sound better but i prefer the look of the steel ones and was wondering if i cut the cans open and removed the resinating pipes and fitted a straight through piece off peffarated pipe and repacked would there be any power/noise differance

look foward to any views or help and one can offer thanks
shedmonkey
APM

Re: help newby

Post by shedmonkey »

Hi welcome aboard.

1/ the pair valves can cause bike to pop on overrun which is ok but sometimes its so bad you think exhaust gonna blow to bits( bin it )
2/ yeah rubber triangle booty things straight onto airbox
3/ i think the concensus is the higher the better but watch for the chain hitting exhaust.
4/ no idea im afraid

good luck
Bit of a Muppet
tyremuncher
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: danny moore , hawick

Post by tyremuncher »

re no 4 i have done with with an xjr 1300 ,just got the makita cutter on the can and cut in half,not sure about power difference but definatly a better tone,deeper and louder growl.didnt take much doing,
i dont need sex,the government fu*k me everyday
kev
On the Road

Post by kev »

drill some 10mm holes around outlet on end of can that will make them sound a bit better wont do anything about the weight thuogh
kris1905
On the Road

Post by kris1905 »

cheers for all the help had the exhaust opened up everything removed straight perfarated pipe repacked sounds great and massive loss of wieght no got a set of xtra raptor carbon cans for sale if anyone interested let me no,
struggling to get the suspension jack up plates made anyone got any spare or know anyone in uk that can make them up thanks
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

Hi Kris and welcome, :thumbsup: Where abouts are you?

I don't know how far you've actually gone with the breathing mods, but i don't see any mention of checks/ dyno runs etc., ...
You may need to consider this, because if you have her running too lean after your mods you could cause loads of damage. A Power Commander may be needed! :nod:

My previous bikes were ZX6Rs as well, i changed to my rap 9 1/2 years ago and have never looked back! Good choice mate!
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
kris1905
On the Road

Post by kris1905 »

looking out for power comander at the min then gunna get her on the dyno im in manchester the bike runs fantastic lots of fun little bit twitchy at low revs just need to sort the suspension other than that can't fault it