rear brakelight not working .. 1000

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
slix2110
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: sussex hydrografix

Re: rear brakelight not working .. 1000

Post by slix2110 »

Mine recently failed mot on back brake light. Went all round the houses to get a new one, only to find P&H m/c in Crawley keep them on the shelf @ £15 approx. Its 10mm thread x 1 mm pitch. same switch is fitted to lots of Brembo clad(?) bikes and they keep them because they are a multi franchise dealer including Ducati & KTM. Bleeding the damn brake afterwards is another story. After I read everything on here and spent an afternoon failing, my mate did it in 10 mins!
snapdragon

Rear brake light

Post by snapdragon »

Dragging this thread to the front from the back of the shelf, in case there's anything of use.
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Dapper dan
On the Road

Post by Dapper dan »

Can I break into this thread..my rear brake light switch is missing.. :( ....I was thinking it was a spring type...but reading this thread I'm now thinking it's a pressure switch? :blink:
Where does the switch fit exactly or am I confusing things?? I have looked about the lever and wondered where a spring device would fit on etc...scratched my head and started playing my new exhaust cans like a diggerydoo for comfort!
You can always earn more money, you cant earn more time! :thumbsup:
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

its a pressure switch fitted the the rear brake MC
nil illigitimae carborundum
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Where does the switch fit exactly
It's a banjo bolt pressure switch. Find the rear master cyclinder and the main output line to the caliper & you should see a couple of wires attached to the banjo bolt. Thats the pressure switch and from there you can trace the wires back to a 2 pin connect and check for pinches, especially by the footrest hanger, or breaks.

Example replacement can be seen at http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Product.d ... 0wodp5YGWw

Andy B
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Dapper dan wrote: 7 years ago Can I break into this thread..
Indeed you can, I did a search and hauled it out in case it could be of use t to you :nod:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Dapper dan
On the Road

Post by Dapper dan »

Cheers snapdragon....I thought that was a bit lucky. :lol:

Many thanks also craptartan :thumbsup:

Demontweeks are after £20 odd........found the exact item on eBay for £5...bargain.

The brake setup I've bought off of a mille didn't have the pressure switch....I was scratching my head when I read about the switch. ....it made me put on my wellies and head off to my workshop and stare at the part to make sure I'm not going cuckoo!

Many thanks again guys.....just need to track down a clevis and rod and I'm dancing....well when my parcel of xtra rap bits clears customs from Oz :rant: and the paint shop gives me a call! :dance:
You can always earn more money, you cant earn more time! :thumbsup: