VRap 1000 pump siezed.

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
squeal
On the Road

VRap 1000 pump siezed.

Post by squeal »

Hi all,

Had me Rap for about 10 years now.. never gave me any problems..!

Never used it last year due to properly mangled ankle (rollerskating... long story...) Now it won't start.. the fuel pump is seized - hopefully I can pick some brains.. :D
It must have happened before lol
I'm hoping its a standard pump - probably out the Jap parts bin..? Or even better, has anyone ever managed to 'un-sieze' one..?
I even put power direct on to the pump power connector, I can hear the pump click slightly - but it wont start - tried tapping it too..
Looks like removing from the tank :x

Any help would be really appreciated..!

Mark
Last edited by squeal on |July 21st, 2015|, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spyke
On the Road

Re: VRap 1000 pump siezed.

Post by Spyke »

If she's sat for ages then I'd guess it's probably the pump, but as the fuel pump and the injectors both use their own relays and they are the same then you could rule out the relay by swapping over the two relays that are the same under the seat, the yellow one is the main relay, the one in the middle is the injectors IIRC, and the one on the clutch lever side is the pump. But see my post in the bar about a good replacement if it is the pump.
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
squeal
On the Road

Post by squeal »

Great Info thanks Spyke!
I'll wrestle the connectors off the fuel lines and have a look.. one of the pipe connectors looks like a quick release... rather snazzy..
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Mine looked horrible when I took it out of the tank ,water had got in and corroded stuff so it is probably a good idea to get in there and have a look.
Bit of a Muppet
squeal
On the Road

Post by squeal »

I'm Kind of dreading looking at mine too Shedmonkey.... :shock:
Kind on makes you wonder how the hell water gets in there.. petrol cap breather I guess?

I've ordered a new pump as per Spyke's suggestion, just got to get on with it now..
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

squeal wrote:55 years agoI'm Kind of dreading looking at mine too Shedmonkey.... :shock:
Kind on makes you wonder how the hell water gets in there.. petrol cap breather I guess?

I've ordered a new pump as per Spyke's suggestion, just got to get on with it now..
I'm not wondering about how the water gets in, it's well documented on here..

There is a drain tube from under the filler cap that gets blocked, then every time you open the filler cap when its raining a little water gets into the tank, clear the tube on a regular basis, also regular use of dry fuel helps control the problem.
152/999
squeal
On the Road

Post by squeal »

You are 100% correct Miz!
Just got my tank off and the breather is blocked solid... gonna be a swine to clear..
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

It can be really easy to clear,just pull off the breather hose and carefully unscrew the "bleed nipple thingy" from the plastic tank. At times like these the search box is your friend - type something like OVERFLOW or BREATHER into it and you'll probably find many previous discussions.
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
squeal
On the Road

Post by squeal »

Lol!

That's exactly how I cleared it..! :D