Clutch cable. For the 1000

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Clutch cable. For the 1000

Post by shebee »

Ok who has bought a clutch cable recently from Venhill (sp?) after 12 years it has finaly gone... In Hastings... Cue SOS recovery... So i need to know if they know what i need or if someonce has recenly had one that I can refer them to... Ta xx
Twisted Tequila Sister
shebee
Site Admin

Re: Clutch cable. For the 1000

Post by shebee »

Found one!
Twisted Tequila Sister
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

ooops, ouch, hoorah. I have a tl 1000 one on mine, I think Venhill require the old one to make a replacement these days.

sorry I missed this yesterday was the sos man quick?
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
shebee
Site Admin

Post by shebee »

Couple of hours in the sun at the seaside, not an issue
Twisted Tequila Sister
Pomegranate
On the Road

Clutch Cable Raptor 1000

Post by Pomegranate »

I have just yesterday fitted a Triumph T595 cable pattern cable (£10.99 from Wemoto all years the same, also should be identical to T955i - official Triumph parts are priced rather enthusiastically). Fits like a charm, though seems approx 3-4mm short. Easily fixed by placing the top adjuster nut at the clutch end under the bracket.

Had tried the TL cable but bending the end from 90 to 45 degrees causes friction and mine to snap within a year and I found the routing caused it to engage slightly with extreme bar movements.

My theory is that Cagiva are a small firm, so it's likely they simply bought in preexisting parts from other bikes, (and not always Suzuki) so there should be a whole lot of options out there if you can find the right places to look.
snapdragon

Re: Clutch Cable Raptor 1000

Post by snapdragon »

Pomegranate wrote:55 years ago-//snip/ Had tried the TL cable but bending the end from 90 to 45 degrees causes friction and mine to snap within a year and I found the routing caused it to engage slightly with extreme bar movements./snip/.
:nod: I guess it would but I didn't try to bend it, it's been on a few years now
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Pomegranate
On the Road

Post by Pomegranate »

That was probably my mistake. I bent mine from 90 to 45 degrees to match the original routing. Does yours pull on the clutch when turning your bars to the steering lock like my TL cable did, or did you find a way around that?