99 GSXR750 srad forks on a rappy

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
hondaxl1
On the Road

99 GSXR750 srad forks on a rappy

Post by hondaxl1 »

Hi, has anyone done the this conversion - 99 GSXR750 srad forks on a rappy and if so , do you have any advice for me. I have looked at the fork conversion chart and there are a few holes for this set of forks in the info.
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Re: 99 GSXR750 srad forks on a rappy

Post by Crap Tartan »

dont know of anyone who has but if the forks are right diameters for the raptor yokes then everything else is easily solved.
Do you want to retain the raptor wheel and brakes or what?
nil illigitimae carborundum
hondaxl1
On the Road

Post by hondaxl1 »

Thanks, yes I would like to keep the original wheels so I am trying to find 320mm discs to suit. I can then keep the GSXR brakes and just space them to work.
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

hondaxl1 wrote:55 years agoThanks, yes I would like to keep the original wheels so I am trying to find 320mm discs to suit. I can then keep the GSXR brakes and just space them to work.
Check Ducati Monster 320mm discs, they have same bolt pattern. ;)
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
Boofhead
On the Road

Post by Boofhead »

G'day there. I'm in the middle of doing a similar conversion, so here is a few things to look out for. I will do a full report on 'how to' when I'm done & have ridden the Rap for a while, like I did with the 'clutch conversion revisited'. This may be a little way off due to outside forces getting in the way all the time though!!
Use GSXR600/750 K4/K5, they're all the same (K4/K5 = 2004/2005) The Gixxer forks are the same diameter, they have the same centre to centre distance on the triple clamps, they use 300mm rotors & are nearly the same length (about 4mm shorter). However no matter what you use, you will have to re-spring/valve them because the Rap is a bit porkier than a Gixxer.
The rotors have to be spaced out 3mm a side (the Gixxer front wheel is 6mm wider at the hub). I used 2.5mm aluminium spacers because that's the thickness the aluminium sheets come in. The pistons take up the 0.5mm no problem. I used 2011 GSXR600 Brembo radial calipers.
You will need the K4/K5 front axle & front guard. The axle will need 2 x 3mm wide spacers to keep the wheel centred.
Finally, you will need new brake lines & some bolting.
There are a couple of small clearance issues that are an easy fix, but I will go into that later.
I hope this is of some help for now
Cheers from Boofhead :ride: