Dealing with OEM Motor parts

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
hondaxl1
On the Road

Dealing with OEM Motor parts

Post by hondaxl1 »

Has anyone had any experience with this company. I ordered a Cagiva rear chain sider on the 6-12-15 which there web site showed as in stock. I registered for their site to follow the order and it does not appear there. Every seven days they send me an Email confirming my order and saying it is undeliverable. I have sent an Email to them on the 21-12-15 to which they confirm receipt of the Email but do not answer it. I wonder is this normal practice from this company or am I just unlucky. By the way they don't miss you with the cost.
snapdragon

Re: Dealing with OEM Motor parts

Post by snapdragon »

Possibility they're waiting for stock? I did have to wait quite a while when I ordered some parts but they arrived eventually. Costly to buy and ship I know, but they have been reliable in the past, and the only supplier for some of the parts.
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
JimBo
On the Road

Post by JimBo »

I've ordered stuff from them in the past and it always arrived quite quickly.
Probably just a delay in their supply chain.
So many motorcycles, so little money!
hondaxl1
On the Road

Post by hondaxl1 »

order number - OEM43541
Well, I am now 2 months down the track and not only am I $165 out of pocket and do not have the part, but I have had no reply to my emails other than the computer bot. OEM has even stop sending the 7 day updates (also a computer bot message) nor have they cross referenced the Order number to my login, so I will give it another week and then I will ring them. I hope this gets better as not hearing anything is not good.
hondaxl1
On the Road

Post by hondaxl1 »

After 3monthes and 2 weeks I started a dispute and with paypal received a refund, which is great. However after all this time and several emails and attempted phone calls they actually sent me an email from a person after I had started the dispute saying it was on backorder. To late and I hope that the members have better luck than me.
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

I just made order from them...
Hopefully your case was just a bad luck or there will be more angry raptor chapter guys. :evil:
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
ontrack
On the Road

Post by ontrack »

Hi hondaxl1
Did you have any luck finding the chain buffer anywhere else?
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Post by Aussiejoe »

Cheaper place to get parts
http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtop ... =11&t=4687
Was told by a MV Agusta dealer here in Australia that if it's a factory back order, you probably won't be able to get it.
nlw
On the Road

Post by nlw »

I recently placed an order through OEM (23/03/16) paid the best part of £200 for a number of items and was advised it would take around 20 working days until delivery.
OEM contacted me earlier this week asking for more money as Cagiva have increased their prices,but not just a little increase it was near enough the same amount again.At this point I cancelled the order and heard nothing more from them but no refund as yet :angry:
I'm sure PayPal and my credit card have me protected but I'd be wary of using them again especially for large orders.
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Finally received my order!
Took way longer than OEM motor parts website told... :(
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Just checked OEM Motor parts website, looks like they don't sell parts for V-Raptor 1000 anymore. :pinch:
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Post by Aussiejoe »

No one is getting parts at the moment due to the current financial situation Mv Agusta is in.
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Aussiejoe wrote:55 years agoNo one is getting parts at the moment due to the current financial situation Mv Agusta is in.
You think that is the reason?
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Post by Aussiejoe »

If you click on this link for a place in France I'm looking at getting parts from it says they can't get MV Agusta parts at the moment, and they only put it up about 4 weeks ago http://www.bike-parts-mv.com/tarif_mv_agusta.php
From what I've read, the company is 40-50 million Euro in debt and are under pressure from their suppliers for payment of outstanding amounts. AMG Mercedes wanted 51% share and the CEO refused to let them have control. At the moment, it's looking like Polaris is going to be buying part of the company. http://auto.ndtv.com/news/polaris-consi ... ta-1407941
ontrack
On the Road

Post by ontrack »

Bugger.....